Help Wanted - Forum Moderators Needed On GridironFans.com

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

As former mod I hope you new mods enjoy. This was easily my favorite site to mod

Sent from my HTC Vivid

2. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

I know I will enjoy the time I have and can provide as a mod.

3. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

I'll try out the NCAA forums. What sports other than football and basketball should be covered? Or does that all just depend on the news from day to day? What sites are recommended to check for stuff to make threads on here? I visit Rivals.com once a week to check on recruiting and various team websites for other news once a week too.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I like this....people stepping up to help us...WE HAVE THE BEST MEMBERS IN THE WHOLE DAMN WORLD!!!!

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[MENTION=1541]Chipper10[/MENTION], [MENTION=1760]themush[/MENTION]....say hello to your new teammate in [MENTION=2876]DaBears22[/MENTION]. He's a rookie so we need you two to take him under your wings and show him the ropes. DaBears, thanks for stepping up bro. Focus on NCAA football in the NCAA forums. I'll also be having some things coming up for the staff to work together on.

So we are down to one spot left. We need one more volunteer for the NFL forums. [MENTION=1533]86WARD[/MENTION] and [MENTION=4113]DCoach_R[/MENTION] need one more member to step up and join the team. It's the most demanding section of the site and we are really looking for a hardcore NFL fan who's up for the task. Any takers?

6. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

Welcome to the mods [MENTION=2876]DaBears22[/MENTION].

7. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

I've been mulling over the thought of doing another tour. Work and not being able to be at a CPU made it hard. But with today's cell phones it might be easier. Hmmmm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

8. SRW

Lemme know if you feel like saddling up for another tour of duty. We have one open spot left and once it's filled I'll begin the 30-day trial for all the new mods. Omen however would be omitted from the trial since he's proved himself in his previous stint.

9. SRW

And for those of you on the fence on being a mod or whoever feels like don't feel they have the time or know-how to moderate, there are so many other ways you can help GIF out. Here are a few:

1. Help with posting NFL news on the site. We have a specific way it's done and it's the lifeblood of the site. It's what brings the 'asses to the seats'.
    2. Start discussion threads. Get members talking on the site about football. It'll attract more fans.
    3. Start posting a NFL Blog in our Blog section. If we had 5-10 regular members posting a column a week there it would be a great feature we could show off more. Our own members delivering quality content, showing others why this is the forum to talk football. Again, this attracts more fans.
    4. 'Support the site'. Be it by visiting our sponsors, donating to help offset the server costs to run this place, or spreading the word to remind others to do the same.
    5. Support us on Social networks. People can also help by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter and sharing the content here on their social networks. It helps get the word out.

It's like the old saying, 'I can lead you to water, but you have to drink'. This site is only as good as what the members as an online community make it. I can only doll the place up, add structure and focus a staff on working towards a direction that will open the doors for members to get talking. We depend on the members here to keep the site alive simply by having them share their opinions. It will attract more fans to join in on the conversations and make this a better site for everyone.

10. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

11. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Meh, I'll learn his name once he's been around long enough for me to put forth that kinda effort. For now I will call him Bob.

Welcome to the VIP Room Bob [MENTION=2876]DaBears22[/MENTION]

12. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Thanks I think. lol

13. SRW

[MENTION=4077]diesel[/MENTION], [MENTION=555]Omen[/MENTION], we have one spot left. Both have voiced their interest. So who wants in?

We are still looking for interested members to keep in a 'Cue'. Once the final spot is filled all the new moderators will begin their 30-day trial.

14. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

The area I wanted to help in is taken ill wait in the wings. If no one steps up. I'm your dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

15. SRW

So it's either [MENTION=4077]diesel[/MENTION] or someone else to step up in the NFL section. Who's going to man the final spot? Any takers?

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

I'll draft [MENTION=555]Omen[/MENTION] and make a draft day trade...

17. diesel

diesel HERE COMES THE BOOM!!!

If [MENTION=555]Omen[/MENTION] can't I will

18. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

if anything happens to someone then count me in.

19. SRW

[MENTION=572]Buck Fenson[/MENTION], we got the first batch of rookies in their 30-day trial period right now. If any of them don't work out, I have you on the short list for the next wave of 30-day trials. Thanks for wanting to help out!

20. DCoach_R

DCoach_R Special Teamer

I am giving my spot to [MENTION=572]Buck Fenson[/MENTION]. I still cannot get my graphics to work on the sites that I have. So I would not be able to post new threads until I get this fixed. Not that I don't want to do it at all, because I really do. But I don't want to take up Moderator space if I cannot provide the goods for this forum. :( Good luck [MENTION=572]Buck Fenson[/MENTION] with the spot in Moderating the NFL.