How To Fix The Dallas Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Garnett, Dec 29, 2008.

1. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

This is a topic that is wide reaching and has many answers to the many problems the Cowboys have. I am not going to lament down the list of everything, but beyond the obvious issues with secondary, commitment, OL, attention to detail, management, depth (at QB) etc, how do we go about fixing these things?

We have limited draft picks this year and we've not been great in the free agent market this year, I can't think of anything aside from ownership changes. We are abysmal in December. We have not gotten high quaility free agents lately. We have scored on some drafts, but have wiffed on others.

What say you?

2. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Jerry needs to quit picking up train wreck players like TO and Pacman. Stop getting flashy players in free agency and pick up quality players that have a history of being TEAM players.

Oh yeah, the daytime soap opera bullcrap should stop as well.

3. Weezy

Weezy Ice Cold

you fix them by trading more draft picks for lions players :icon_thumleft:

4. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

Jones has to start realizing that he just isn't that good of a general manager and pick someone to do the job.

Get a legit GM who knows what he is doing and stay out of the cookie jar.

5. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Sold. We'll give you Roy Williams back, plus T.O.and a 2nd rounder for Calvin Johnson :moe:

Seriously, though, like I said on other thread, it all starts with the coaching staff. We have the players, we have the talent, but we have no leadership. We were outcoached more times than I can remember this year, and the gameplans never seemed to be adjusted after the other team scored first. Jason Garrett has proven to be overrated, and overpaid. 2007 seems like it happened 20 years ago. A team can't regress that much in so little time, it's just not possible.

Get rid of T.O. Get rid of Pacman. Take Roy Williams, and make him run 100 routes a day. Make him learn the freaking play-book. I'm still hopeful that with a full offseason program, and a full training camp, he can emerge as our #1. Make Miles Austin our #2 and leave Crayton at the slot...he's only dangerous there. Get depth on the offensive line. Kosier went down, and things went to hell in a heartbeat. The running game promises to be one of the most dangerous in the league with Barber and Felix healthy, alongside with Choice. Kind of like the Giants have with Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw.

Blow up the defense. And I mean blow it the heck up. Only veterans like Ware, Ratliff and maybe James seem like keepers. Newman got old very fast. Henry is the slowest corner in the league, and don't even get me started about Williams and Ken freakin' Hamlin.

But nothing will work if Wade remains as the HC. In an ideal world, Jerry would pay Cowher anything he wants, give him all the control he wants, and watch him spank these heckers. Because that's what they need, a spanking. Everybody was so happy after Parcells left...how nobody was screaming at them anymore...well, you have your results. We need another Parcells. Somebody that will take no crap from anybody, not even Jerry, and IMO, Cowher is that guy.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

the only way to fix Dallas is for Jerry Jones to disapear

7. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

See, this is where I knew we'd have to go. Jerry is the beginning of all the problems. He's drafted bad players, bad free agents and mediocre trades and coaches. Lord knows he won't be selling the team until he departs this world so as a Cowboy fan, do we wait 15+ years for hope?

8. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

ok, remove the jerry aspect from the sitaution.

Is there a hard nose legitimate coach out there who can shake up this gutless bunch of qu**rs?

9. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

I was hopping for Mike Singletary since Parcells left, and now he's taken.

I still would like to have Bill Cowher. I'd love to see him spit all over the defense. But I know he's not coming back, and he'd never work for Jerry.

Other than those, I can't think of nobody.

10. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

When your owner insists on being the GM and having a role on the sideline then these problems should come as no suprise. Jones has brought in cancers from other teams, castoffs or what have you...and has completely destroyed the chemistry of this team. Not to mention he hired a puppet for a HC and held Jason Garrett over his head imo. I cant see any proven HC coming into a situation like that and letting Jones call the shots, especially someone like Cowher.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Easy. Get rid of T.O. End of Story.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Rex Ryan

13. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Why fix it? It's so much fun the way it is

1 person likes this.
  14. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

It took only 13 posts :icon_rolleyes:

I'll go troll at a serious Eagles thread so smeagle can yell at me...

So who are our free agents, again?

15. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

No coach with a brain is going to go in there and let Jerry call ALL the shots. Parcells tried and just couldn't do it. A coach like Cowher would never last as long as Parcells did. It's Garrett, if he stays, or bust.

16. smeags

smeags militant geek

you know what - i was gonna say something but you beat me to it. :icon_cool:

first step to recovery is get rid of the garbage. bye bye owens, toodles pac-man & see ya later tank johnson.

next step is a total change in the culture. no more easy going for this team. the country club atmophere has proven to be a huge mistake. players that come late to meetingss get slammed with fines and benched if repeated. you heck up on the field you're held accountable and if you keep making mistakes the guy behind you on the depth chart steps in.

17. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Brian Billick is available.

18. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

First off wack T.O... Blackmail Jessica , then hire Jack Del Rio (once JVille Wises up) as GM. :icon_jook:

19. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

That would be the first step in the right direction. Those guys are like cancer....

20. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

:laughy32: