Hue Jackson 'Pissed' After Raiders Squander Chance For AFC West Title

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by SRW, Jan 1, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Raiders coach Hue Jackson promised to build a bully, solve the penalties issue and get his defense to stop the run. In the end, none of those things happened, and he fared no better than his predecessor, Tom Cable, in guiding the Raiders to an 8-8 record after a 38-26 loss to the San Diego Chargers on Sunday. Jackson’s anger was evident during his postgame news conference Sunday, saying numerous times how “pissed†he is at his players and for how the Raiders squandered an opportunity to make the playoffs for the first time since 2002. “To say I’m pissed off is an understatement,†Jackson said in his opening remarks, with a scowl on his face. “Obviously, we got beat here at home, and it didn’t’ look like a football team that was hungry enough to go win the AFC West title. ...I’m pissed at my team. At some point in time, as a group of men, you go in the game, and you can say whatever you want about coaches, you win the game. Here’s your time. Here’s your time to make plays. We didn’t get ‘em stopped. And we didn’t make enough plays. So, yeah, I’m pissed at the team. I’m also, like I tell them, I’ll always put it on me, but I am pissed at my team. Because when you have those kinds of opportunities, you’ve got to do it, and we didn’t do it.â€

Source: Oakland Tribune