I Want The Eagles To Draft....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by TheDuke, Dec 6, 2012.

1. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Let's hear it Eagles fans. Who do you want in the 2013 NFL draft? Odds are very, very strong that we have a top 5 pick, if not top 3 but this years draft doesn't look that strong. OL? QB? LB? What do you think?

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Gotta be a lineman in my book, even if they struggled because of the injuries you need some fresh blue-chip blood in there

3. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Anyone but Mantei Teo....

Sent from my HTC Vivid

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

That is exactly who i want our defense is pretty terrible

5. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

The Eagles o line is bad because of injuries.Being a Redskin fan,i'd hate to see barrett jones or chase warmack go to philly,but i think if they take either,with the guys injured coming back next season,the line will be greatly improved. It all really depends on whether the new coach wants to keep foles or draft another qb like smith or barkley!

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

eh, spending a high draft pick like that on a run-stopping LB is like using it for an interior o-lineman, a tight end, a safety, or a kicker/punter.

none of those positions can really impact a roster and you just shouldn't waste picks that high.

go for a QB, OT, or a pass rusher .......... those are impact positions.

7. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

The LT from Texas A&M.

8. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Yeah everyone keeps talking about how crapty out o-line is. Jason Peters, Evan Mathis, Jason Kelce, Danny Watkins, and Todd Herremans is just fine. If Peters comes back at half strength we're obviously hecked. Other than that, only guy that needs to be replaced is Watkins.

9. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

I disagree about drafting a player like Mantei Teo, I believe they can have a very large impact especially in taking control of a defense and being its leader. I personally think he is someone who will do that to whichever team he goes to.

10. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Browns need him, stay away, kthanxx

11. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

If Danny Watkins has an even older, even worse brother available in this draft....that's who I want.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

what you really want is either kyle shanahan or norv turner as the next eagles coach,ain't it?
    seriously,they should have a lot to spend cause the have to dump nhamdi don't they?
    Best wr they got this year is riley cooper!

13. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'd really like to draft a fullback. We can make sure we get who we want in the first round with a good run blocker.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Anyone who believed that, even for a second is a complete bafoon. I want Taylor Lewan from Ann Arbor!

15. CaptainStubing

well, I agree that his worth is higher because he appears to be a huge motivator/coach on the field at the next level.

however, i still don't think you spend a top 3 draft pick on a run-stopping LB just because he appears to have leadership qualities. nobody runs the ball anymore in this league. it's a position you fill with just about anybody off the street anymore.

So, even if the Eagles feel their o-line is fine if healthy and Foles is going to make it in this league, the Eagles pass rush is so anemic that they need to take the OLB or DE who has the potential to be the most dominant pass rusher in a 4-3 (or 3-4 if they switch) because that is what wins games in this league today.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

With a Police Officer background...it would make for a nice story.

17. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Well yeah! He's 'Pro Bowl' material before anyone else in the draft.

18. Diesel44

Diesel44 Serial Killer

Looks like the most overated player in the Draft to me.

19. CaptainStubing

i have no doubt that Teo has been a phenomenal college player but in a lot of ways, he is the defensive version of someone like Tim Tebow. Their skills thrive at the college level, where running the ball comes first and foremost. The NFL is practically a different game though and their skills just don't translate.

Teo may have been the single-best college player in the entire country this season but wherever he goes in the NFL, he will never be anywhere near the most important player even on his own team, or dare i say, even on his own defense.

Middle LB's are now at the bottom of importance down there with safeties and running backs. It's nice when you have a good one but you can get really good talent in those positions in the later rounds so it's basically a wasted pick to take one too high.

20. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I love that comparison to tebow. Although I think Teo could be more of a contributor than tebow has been.