Is 49ers QB Alex Smith's Confidence Shot?

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by wide right, Nov 14, 2007.

?

1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

He sure doesn't look like he's playing with any confidence. Is he rattled beyond repair this season? What do you think?

2. truelife

truelife 6-0 is our goal

i think he lacks the confidence in several areas. i don't believe he has confidence in his o line to protect him for starters.. i dont think he has confidence in his receivers either.. and there is know way he has any confidence in himself he can't make the simple throws let alone the tough ones

3. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

He's toast for a career..not just this year...freaking Norv Turner...way to make us feel like he'd actually make some progress and then leave us with the tattered remnants of a brown bag of crap...

4. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

I think the team has lost confidence in Alex Smith!! Personally I feel he should have developed faster than he has. I mean he has no awareness of whats going on around him at all. A QB has to feel the pressure coming from the blindside, has to know when to get rid of the ball quickly, how to read the defense, when to know to run or not. Smith just doesn't have this ability at all. I'm not saying he should be like Manning or Brady, but damn he should have come along farther than he has. A QB is a leader win or lose, you can see it in his face he doesn't have that fire or drive in him to lead his team or to motivate them. Behind or not, if the QB gives up or shows defeat on the field the rest of the team will follow.

5. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

He doesn't even have strong side awareness...one of his fumbles came from a corner blitz from his frontside...

6. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

7. Blu N Houston

Blu N Houston ¡Vamos Houston!

sounds like Carr,, is he from Cali too?
    :new_popcornsmiley:

8. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

Maybe Nolan was thinking...hey...steve young was from byu..that was in Utah, right?

9. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

now the heck is tanking the season. They say he might not play again this season. He ripped us off big time. I would love to see him in person one day so I can tell him hes a freaking loser.

10. BarlOwens

BarlOwens Rubicon Runner

They should start Michael Robinson....beast just mentioned to me tonight that he's listed 3rd on the depth chart at QB for the game...why the heck not? this season is worse than 2004 and that year we even gave cody pickett a shot..and IMO those were the most entertaining games because the kid was gutsy and it gave me something to root for..

11. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I voted "no"

Simply because i don't believe he ever had any confidence......

12. joemontana25

joemontana25 Rookie

we can't blame him for this !

13. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

Obviously we see how everyone plays when Dilfer is in there. They see that Dilfer is progressing and it looks as if they are playing harder for him. Screw Smith, the less I see of him the better. I hope he will only be a memory from now on.