Jack Del Rio Feels Jaguars Will Take Control Of AFC South In 2011

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Mar 5, 2011.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jaguars head coach Jack Del Rio is stealing a page from the Rex Ryan playbook when it comes to making bold predictions. While Ryan has predicted the New York Jets will win the Super Bowl, Del Rio recently told the team's website, "We expect to take control of our division." Since Del Rio is one of only three coaches in NFL history who hasn't won a division title in his first eight seasons, the odds are against him. But he has nothing to lose by saying it because owner Wayne Weaver has indicated he will be fired if he doesn't make the playoffs in 2011. Explaining his optimism, Del Rio said, "I believe in what we're doing and how we're doing it."

Source: USA Today

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

"I'll have what he's having..."

3. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

I disagree Jack

4. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

someone needs to pinch Jack Del Rio cause I think hes having a dream

5. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

6. AtlantaBlazer

AtlantaBlazer Knuckles The Echidna's Brother

When you refuse to give your average and aging quarterback a decent supporting cast, expect him to carry the load when MJD is hurt/tired and refuse to shore up your secondary, you're not winning anything.

Then again, he may luck up like he did last year, and have the division in his complete control...only for his team to utterly blow it down the stretch.

7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Jack Del Rio is an idiot and the only reasons why he still has a job is because of his bloated contract and the lack of demand for success from the fanbase.