Jaguars Have No Plans To Give RB Maurice Jones-Drew A New Contract

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by Sweets, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

With running back Maurice Jones-Drew apparently ready to begin a holdout Thursday when the Jaguars report to camp, team owner Shad Khan indicated the team has no plans to give him a new contract. "There's no decision here,'' Khan told Vito Stellino of the Florida Times-Union. "It's his choice. There's been very little for us to do rather than wait on whatever he might chose to do, Khan said. When asked if the Jaguars had made a decision by not giving him a new deal, Khan paused and then said: "“There's more than 50 players under contract. There are other people under contract in management, coaches. Does that mean if you do it for one, you do it for everybody? Where do you draw the line?''

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

While I agree that MJD deserves a new contract, contracts are rarely re-done for RBs who have atleast two years left. I don't see a new contract for MJD for atleast another year.

3. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

And his shelf life, according to the history of workhorse RBs, is almost over.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

I don't feel sorry for MJD at all. He signed a 4 year deal 2 years ago, got the guaranteed $20M and now he wants to do it again. He signed the deal, he's gotta live with it. If I'm the Jags, I offer him $2M in 2012, $3M in 2013, $6M in 2014 and a team option for $11M in 2015. Little to no incentives. Take it or leave it. Screw that.