Jaguars Might Air NFL RedZone Channel On New Video Boards

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Jul 1, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Sports Business Journal (via ProFootballTalk.com) spoke with Jaguars president Mark Lamping, who said a section of the team's new massive video-board space at EverBank Field could be devoted to the NFL RedZone channel.

For the uninitiated, NFL RedZone provides fans with constant real-time updates of every game on Sundays. It's among the best things ever.

"We know this would be welcomed by the large portion of our fans who are transplants to Jacksonville, as well as all fantasy football enthusiasts," Lamping said.

It's a nice idea by the Jaguars, who like other NFL teams are trying to find ways to make the stadium experience more enjoyable in the era of high-definition television. Playing to fantasy enthusiasts hits a huge demographic.

Source: NFL.com

2. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

That would actually be a good idea. More teams will probably pick up on this. Kudos to JAX for finally doing something right

3. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Gotta roll with the gimmicks when you miss out on snatching Tebow up in the offseason

4. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

At least there will be some football to watch?

5. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Yep, the league is going to need to come up with ways to keep People in the stadiums. There is now so much stuff fir people at home and bars.

And the nfl has a certain challenge with this that no other sport has. Since almost all of their games are played at the same time (during a 6 hour stretch on Sunday afternoons), some People feel like they are missing an entire week of league play if they go to a live game. I know that is why i rarely attend games anymore. I don't like giving up an entire week of following the league just to see one game live.

Of course, I'm an oddity in the team allegiance department so i may not be the best example

6. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

How so?

7. CaptainStubing

i don't have a specific team I have an allegiance to ......

8. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

Oh okay, I was just wondering since you listed the Bengals as a favorite team

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I am exactly the same way. Why deal with traffic, the crowd, lines at the bathroom, parking, etc when I can simply fire up the TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket at home.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Same here. The only thing that beats celebrating with your home crowd is the convenience of home.

11. CaptainStubing

yep, the site forces you to choose a team. it doesn't have an option for 'no team' or 'multiple' teams.

12. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

I'm the guy who is watching 6 games at a time. 2 TV's, 2 Laptops Split-Screen. And I bounce around. I always make sure to watch the end of every game. Especially if it's close

13. Alcohol_IV

Alcohol_IV eBattle Champion

It probably should, or just the NFL. SRW, make it happen!

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

I agree @captainstubbing. Going to a live game is good, but when the game is over, you do have a feeling that you missed out on a whole weeks worth of football and definitely feel "behind."

I love watching it at home...especially now since there are all these different "outlets" to pretty much watch whatever game you want.

15. CaptainStubing

nice work. yep, it's pretty awesome the outlets we have for sunday afternoons. they are more fun than ever, by far.