Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew Needs To Earn His Starting Job Again?

Discussion in 'Jacksonville Jaguars' started by SRW, Sep 5, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew will “have to work†to earn his job back from RB Rashad Jennings, who has been named the starter for week one.

“I have to work to get my job back,†said Jones-Drew, per Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union. “That’s all it is. Nobody has ever given me anything so I’m used to it. I like it because the competition is going to be great.â€

Considering that his holdout did little good in terms of netting him the long-term extension that he was seeking, it is probably a smart move to do what he can to endear himself to the new coaching staff. As long he is able to demonstrate that he’s still an effective player, it seems likely that he will reclaim his role in the team’s offense at some point during the season.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Good, heck this troll and his greedy butt.

3. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I'm sure he has to "earn it back." When you own a restaurant and your best cook leaves and no one comes to the restaurant, it doesn't matter what they want, the job is his when he comes back. If MJD isn't starting week 2 I'd be freaking SHOCKED. And I'm with MJ, heck this troll. But his hold out did make it possible for me to get him in the 6th round of my draft so :). Either way, look what happened to Revis when he held out so long. Looked crapty when he started playing again. Let's see how MJD looks.

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Don't forget Chris Johnson last year too. I expect nothing from MJD this year.

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I blocked that douchebag from my memory. I'm glad the Eagles locked up Shady. No hold out there. ;)

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Chris Johnson was just overrated after one fluke season, MJD will re-earn the job and have a fine season.

7. flexnfx

flexnfx flexnfx

Jennings had a great preseason and knows the new system...it makes sense. Kinda wonder if the Jags will showcase MJD @ some point like the Bills did a couple years ago with Lynch to trade him.