Jermichael Finley Distances Himself From His Agent's Criticism Of Aaron Rodgers

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Packers tight end Jermichael Finley would like you to know the opinions of his agent don't reflect the views of the players he represents. Especially when said opinions involve Packers teammate Aaron Rodgers.

Blake Baratz, Finley's agent, caused a minor stir last week when he wrote on Twitter that Rodgers "is a great QB he isn't a great leader."

Finley was asked Thursday how much of what Baratz said echoed his own feelings on Rodgers.

"I'd say zero percent of it," Finley said, via the Green Bay Press Gazette. "Like I said, he's got his own opinion. He's an agent. He has tons of clients around the league. It's not my problem what he sends out. I could (not) care less as long as he takes care of my business at the end of the day."

"He's the leader of this team," Finley went on, referring to Rodgers. "He's the man. I respect him as a player. Outside of the locker room, I'm a fan of Rodgers. We're all good."

Baratz, whose statement was called "silly" by Rodgers and "ignorant" by Packers coach Mike McCarthy, has since taken back the comments.

"I made a mistake," Baratz said during an appearance on ESPN Radio. "I'll take full responsibility, and I'll be accountable for that just because of what surrounded it and not so much what was actually written. I could (not) really care less. Who really cares what someone's agent thinks about a player?"

Source: NFL.com

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

this kinda news needs to happen in the offseason then its something to talk about

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

this agent is a freaking idiot. not only is he insulting a player from the union/league that supports his income, he's insulting the single most important player that can affect the stock of HIS client since finley wouldn't be crap if rodgers decides not to ever throw him the ball.

what a freaking moron.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Smart move...Rodgers is more of Finley's meal ticket than the dopey agent...