Jerry Jones Says Injuries Could Keep Cowboys From Competing

Discussion in 'Dallas Cowboys' started by Sweets, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

If you could bottle the optimism Jerry Jones walks around with – and sell it – one day you could have your own vast empire like the owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

Jones has maintained all along, even through a rough and bumpy start to the season, that the Cowboys could be positioned to compete for the Lombardi Trophy this season. The NFC race is wide open at this early juncture and the Cowboys enter Sunday’s showdown with the New York Giants at 3-3. But they lost inside linebacker Sean Lee to a season-ending toe injury and health issues are mounting.

As Calvin Watkins of ESPN Dallas reports, it sounds like Jones is changing his tune a little bit when it comes to expectations for this season.

“I’ve said all along I think this team has an opportunity to be a contender, but the one exception that I made was, sitting as we’re sitting right now health-wise, injury can make a difference and does in the NFL,â€￾ Jones said.

Source: National Football Post

Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

lol @ singing a different tune...blaming injuries now, funny how it's ok when it's the Cowboys...sing on JJ...

3. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

injurys are not excuses unless its your qb

4. smeags

smeags militant geek

injuries didnt toss 5ints in one game this season jerrah.

5. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

jerry
    please shut the heck up, freaking christ stay away from the freaking mic

6. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I've told you before, Mike. When he dies.

7. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Lol. This dude is ridiculous.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I get it. Tony Romo's nickname must be "injuries." Clever Jerry, clever.