Jets Aren't Putting A Deadline On The Return Of WR Santonio Holmes

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DaBears22, Jun 13, 2013.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

The New York Jets are in dire need of a healthy Santonio Holmes in 2013.

Unfortunately for coach Rex Ryan, Holmes' health remains in doubt as the offseason comes to a close. The wide receiver offered a terse "No comment" Wednesday when asked if he'd be ready for the start of the regular season. Ryan has acknowledged a training camp trip to the physically unable to perform list is possible.

On Thursday, Ryan provided an update that showed the team remains in a holding pattern with their top playmaker.

"Obviously, that would be a big shot in the arm to us to get him back out there healthy," Ryan said. "I'm confident, I'm not sure if he'll come back, I know 'Tone expects to be back by training camp, so I certainly hope that's right.

"But we're not going to put him out there just to make a deadline," Ryan added. "We gotta do what's in the best of interest of us and him so I think that's making sure he's healthy."

Source: NFL.com

2. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

With Hill dropping passes n Holmes probably MIA, why not bring back Braylon Edwards? Who's wife did he heck that NO ONE in the league is taking a look at this guy? He instantly made the jets better when he came in last year (I know, not saying much). Wonder what's the deal with him.

...and I fade back to black.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

Braylon Edwards. He's not good...

4. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

He catches the ball! N he could be there week 1...Holmes n Hill can't say that.
    I'll take a shot at em. N he was pretty good for us when he did see the field last year.

5. JEMicklos

JEMicklos Captain

The Jets need a lot of help...everywhere. Time to sign T.O., OchoCinco, Braylon, Austin Collie, Brandon Lloyd, Laurent Robinson, Deion Branch, and whoever else is out there. Go sign Dallas Clark, Randy McMichael, Kellen Winslow at TE. Go grab Jammal Brown and Eric Winston for RT. Re-Sign Brandon Moore and bring in Jake Scott at guard. Re-sign Eric Smith and bring Kerry Rhodes back at Safety. The problem is that the Jets have no money to spend. This is going to be a tough season for them, but 2015 should be better

6. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

We're bringing in Sims-Walker in for a tryout n Edwards shouldn't get a try? He has chemistry with Sanchez, who seems to have a leg up on this QB competition. As far as money...you're right. We're broke. But I'm sure Edwards, who just turned 30, would come in the cheap.

Perhaps that's the reason: that he's Sanchez's boy. Maybe the jets don't want a Sanchez supporter there since they want to give the QB job to Geno.

Whatever the case is, the jets need to bring in whoever they can afford n work them sons of snitches n get a decent freaking team on that field.

7. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

You're putting Edwards on more of a pedestal than he deserves IMO. There are plenty of more capable receivers out there..

8. IX 7 III

IX 7 III Rookie

No. I know he's not the answer or the end all be all. I'm just saying, who the heck is Ben Obamanu?!? He gets a tryout n a guy we've seen be productive isn't getting a shot. Kinda odd.

Maybe its Edwards knees that have ppl worried, idk. But its not like he'll be our #1. Crap, he won't even be #2...he'll probably be 3 or 4. He's experienced n should come in the cheap. Crap, why not?

Maybe Idziks wife has a crush on the bearded one. Who knows. I just find it odd we don't give him a try. He played good in green.