Jets Trade OT Wayne Hunter To Rams For OT Jason Smith

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by SRW, Aug 27, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Jets said last week they would not trade Wayne Hunter after benching the right tackle for Austin Howard. Today, they did just that.

The Jets sent Hunter to St. Louis in exchange for tackle Jason Smith, according to a person with knowledge of the transaction. That person requested anonymity because the trade has not yet been announced.

ESPN first reported the trade was in the works.

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  2. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why would the Rams take him...lol...

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Trading stool for crap, love this.

4. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

Hard to believe the Rams would actually WANT to go from bad to worse on that side of the line... but whatever keeps the Jets crapty works for me! I would love to have heard the conversation about this doozy- "Hey, I know we said that we wouldn't trade Hunter... but he sucks. Oh Smith? Yeah he's a crap salad too... but you can't get WORSE than Hunter!" "WORKS FOR ME! DO IT!"

5. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Still astonished the Jets got more then a half eaten box of mike and ikes

6. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Well Jason Smith sucks too, and probably has a high cap number

7. Smith has a higher cap number. I guess they figured a change of scenery would help both out while they serve as backups. Still odd.

8. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

strange trade, especially with the high #2 overall pick salary. both are backup quality players maybe

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I saw something about an interview with Ryan about the trade he said, "I LOVE his(Smith) feet, Wayne's feet were not so nice but Smith's feet are amazing."

See what I did there.

10. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

He just wants whoever is out there to be good little foot soldiers and put their best foot forward

11. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

He wants them to be like seaman in the navy and dive in feet first.

12. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

i doubt these guys will get back on their feet and be productive