Jets WR Santonio Holmes Believes Two-QB System Won't Fly In NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sweets, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Jets wide receiver Santonio Holmes does not believe a two-quarterback system can work, but he sounds like a big fan of his new teammate, Tim Tebow, Brian Costello of the New York Post reports. Holmes, appearing on “NFL Total Access†on NFL Network, was asked point blank whether he believes a team can win using a two-quarterback attack. “No. I don’t think so,†Holmes said. “You have to allow one quarterback to get into the rhythm of the game. It starts from the preparation in practice, knowing the first couple of plays that he’s going to take these reps. It’s getting a feel for coming onto the field with the crowd awaiting you. It’s the making the mistakes early in the game to finishing the game at the end. You don’t just change a guy out because he has a few mistakes early in a game. I think coming into this season we have a lot to expect from [Mark] Sanchez.†Holmes said he is confident Sanchez will be “the guy†for the Jets this season. He believes Tebow’s role will be defined enough not to disrupt the Jets’ offensive flow. “Tebow’s going to have plays where he comes in and plays,†Holmes said. “Whether he plays at quarterback, Sanchez is on the field or off the field, those are the plays that Coach [offensive coordinator Tony Sparano] has designed for Tebow to run that week. I’m pretty sure he’s going to get them done and he’s going to do his job just as well as any other quarterback would when he gets the opportunity to get on the field.†“Tebow looked pretty good,†Holmes said. “He was on target. Sanchez has done everything that he can do to keep his starting spot. I’m thinking that he’s going to be our guy this season. I’m not saying that with any bit of less confidence than the way I feel about him coming into the season. He’s going to be our guy that we depended on for the past couple of years and he’s going to get the job done.â€

Source: The Redzone

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  2. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

It's not like the Jets are going anywhere if they had just one or the other anyway.

3. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

He's not wrong, but he sure looks like an butthole for coming out with this

4. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

ESPN is going to be riding the Jets all season. " Should they start Tebow?" Especially when Mark struggles again.

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

Why wouldn't they? This is the crap BSPN lives for...