Jim Harbaugh Agrees To Five-Year, $25M Deal To Become 49ers Head Coach

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 7, 2011.

1. warcrychief

warcrychief Ur just da assistant Pimp

9ers play Ravens next year...thats pretty cool that there are brothers as HC's.

2. The G-Men have the NFC West on their schedule in 2011.

Should be a good game hopefully.....the Giants-49ers rivalry hasn't been the same in some time.

3. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Jason La Canfora just reported Harbaugh's contract 5 years $25 Million dollars average out to about $5 million a year. According to league sources....:bang head:

:Loco:

4. Yep.....the original offer the 49ers presented to him. It's also in the article. :icon_cool:

Been a crazy week of speculation......lol

5. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I wonder how much the weak NFC West factored into his decision. Can compete right away.

6. Probably had some thought into the process....the 49ers were picked to win the NFC West in 2010.

But lack of consistency at the QB position was their downfall......along with Mike Singletary.

Harbaugh is a QB guru so he should be able to mold his franchise QB with the 49ers.

If the 49ers go the trade route for a QB......a name they could consider with Harbaugh in the fold is Buccaneers back-up QB Josh Johnson. Johnson played under Harbaugh at University of San Diego and was a pretty good player in college.

7. The 49ers haven't had a 3,000 yard passer since Jeff Garcia in 2002.

Good luck Jim. :peace:

8. P J Shaker

P J Shaker GO BLUE!!!

so is McNabb..lol

9. Harbaugh announced he'll bring back the West Coast offense in San Francisco.

10. P J Shaker

P J Shaker GO BLUE!!!

hmm is this Harbaugh or Bill Walsh?

11. Walsh was a mentor to Jim.

He's trying to follow in his footsteps from being a successful head coach at Stanford to being as successful with the 49ers.

With Harbaugh installing the West Coast.....you can rule out Cameron Newton. His skill set is not suited for that scheme. Jake Locker would fit that system better than any of the top QB's in the draft but picking him at No. 7 is a reach. Trading down while acquiring extra picks.....and then taking Locker later in the 1st could be an option.

If the 49ers decide to trade for a QB......Josh Johnson is a candidate I've already mentioned. Kevin Kolb is another.....Kyle Orton.....maybe Donovan McNabb but I don't see it.

12. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

Josh Johnson? He's a career emergency back up at best.

13. Harbaugh has history with him at the University of San Diego. He knows him more than most do. He can work with him.

Johnson could be a holdover until a rookie is ready to take over. And he wouldn't cost much in terms of draft picks.

14. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

I hope he fails miserably...douche.

kidding. I'm sure he'll do fine. He's got some weapons.

15. By watching his press conference you can tell he's the right man for the job. He should turn that franchise around in no time.

Bringing back the WCO to the Bay Area is a big start.

16. The Red

The Red GO BLUE!!!

For the love of Christ don't do that to us!!!!:icon_cheesygrin:

17. themush

themush iDIOT sAVANT

BBB, the radio stations down here are reporting the Bucs wouldn't except anything less then a 3rd rounder for Johnson. Good job bro.

That sound like sarcasm but I'm serious.

18. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

you guys even mentioning jim harbaugh in the same sentence as bill walsh are hilarious ................ blasphemy !!!!!!!!!!!

19. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Whats YOUR deal?

20. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

You just did. :icon_cheesygrin: