Jim Harbaugh Considers 49ers QB Alex Smith As An Elite Quarterback

Discussion in 'San Francisco 49ers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Nov 10, 2011.

1. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I would normally say Jim Harbaugh is flat wrong here, but I know he doesn't mean it. He is saying what he is obligated to say.

2. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

He's not even close....

3. YEAH DUDE!

YEAH DUDE! CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE!

I laughed when Eli said he was elite, and look what happen. I'm just going to keep my yap shut before Alex Smith really does become Elite.

4. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

true. maybe harbaugh's definition is top 32 in the world. haha

5. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

alex > eli. today proved it

6. I agree with Kissman..........

I think the 49ers' success this season has made you delusional on how good you think Smith really is.

They are a running team that plays stingy defense. One game does not mean Smith over Eli. In fact..........Smith will never be better than Eli. I will say that Smith's decision making has been a lot better this season but game managers are not considered to be elite QB's.

Fact of the matter is, Eli has won twice as many regular season games than Smith, won a Super Bowl & MVP honors, went to a Pro Bowl and never had a losing season as a starting QB.

And Eli was never benched at any point in his career after being named the starter.........Smith once lost his job to J.T. O'Sullivan.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
  7. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I don't resemble anything close to an Eli fan, but suggesting Alex Smith is anywhere close to him is ludicrous, let alone better.

If anything is going to let down the 49ers in the playoffs, it's going to be their passing game, because they ain't winning games if the running game gets shut down.

8. I don't see Smith beating teams like Green Bay in the postseason with his arm............thats for sure.

9. MadMoxxiFavGun

news flash alex threw against the giants and the run game was shutdown. we scored points because of alex.

10. MadMoxxiFavGun

heck green bay. their defense is soft. the giants defense is better than the packers and smith looked pretty damn good minus some redzone struggles.

11. 86WARD

86WARD -

Green Bays defense is soft but you'll need to put up 33+ to beat them...

Also not sure Smith can come back against the Packers down 10 in the 4th quarter...

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

This. He's more than a "game manager."

13. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

NEWSFLASH

I watched the game, you did not "score because of Alex". You scored in spite of Alex. He threw one touchdown, and that was on a nice run by Vernon Davis. Your defense put your offense into positions and your offense didn't exactly use it to their advantage (Four FG's, seriously?). Smith put up 242 Yards, 1TD, 1INT, that's not outstanding by any means.

Don't start confusing him with Joe Montana or Steve Young because he's finally figured out how to not stink up the joint, infact, don't even confuse him with Jeff Garcia.

14. Smith only threw for 250+ yards in a game once this year and may not even throw for 3,000 for the season. That's not elite QB numbers by any means. As a matter of fact, Smith never threw for 3,000 yards in a season while Manning easily will eclipse the 4,000 yard mark for the third straight season.

I'd give more credit to Frank Gore and the 49ers defense than I would to Alex Smith. I would never count on Smith beating teams like New England at Foxbourgh when the game is on the line.

15. This.

16. Smith has 8 career fourth quarter comebacks..........thats just three more than Eli has this season. Manning has 18 for his career along with 22 game-winning drives. He has what it takes to win games late.

Without a potent rushing attack............Manning has taken total control of the offense.

This shouldn't even be a debate...........Eli's resume speaks for it's self.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
  17. MadMoxxiFavGun

3 out of 4 fgs had nothing to do with the defense. Thats how I kno u didnt watch u dumbbutt. The defense put them in redzone 3 times. One time it got picked when ginn dropped easy butt pbutt. Another fg when the three passes failed to edward. And the last was a hunter td run. That being said alex put the niners in postion to score more points not the defense.

18. MadMoxxiFavGun

This is why I want to play them. I believe in this team to shut rodgers down and keep it close

19. MadMoxxiFavGun

The pats defense blows. Only reason eli got win was because the pats couners pi the crap out of your Wr

20. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

see how it has help tebow develop into the great qb he is today. But back to this I have two words

[​IMG]