Jim Schwartz Indicates Lions Interested In Bringing Back PK Jason Hanson In 2013

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Jan 1, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Even after 21 years with the Detroit Lions, Jason Hanson is showing no signs of slowing down.

The 42-year-old kicker is coming off one of the best seasons of his career, converting 32 of 36 field goal attempts, including a 53-yarder, his longest make in four years.

Hanson also completed the final season of his four-year contract. He told reporters last week he wouldn't make a decision on continuing his career until the Lions confirmed they were interesting in bringing him back.

"If they're done with me, then we're done, I don't have a decision," Hanson said. I they're like 'We'd like you to come back,' then I'll have a decision to make and we'll talk about that later."

On Monday, Jim Schwartz was asked if Hanson had another year left in the tank and the Lions coach made it sound as if the team would like to have the veteran back in 2013.

"He had a good year this year," Schwartz said. "He had more attempts this year than last year, so his accuracy still hasn't declined. He just set another NFL record yesterday. I think that he has been the definition of consistent, so I wouldn't see any reason that that would change. There hasn't been signs that it's in decline."

Source: MLive.com