Jim Zorn Praises Redskins QB Jason Campbell's Decision-Making

Discussion in 'Washington Redskins' started by SRW, Aug 23, 2009.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

A day after the Redskins' first offensive unit failed to score a touchdown for the second consecutive preseason game, Jim Zorn downplayed any disappointment in Jason Campbell's performance, concentrating more on the fifth-year quarterback's decision-making process than on the execution of his passes. Campbell, too, said the game plan called for the Redskins to try some deeper throws, including the game-opening play in which Campbell missed second-year receiver Malcolm Kelly on a long post route that was broken up by Steelers safety Troy Polamalu. "I heard him say it last night," Zorn said Sunday, after he had gone over the film. "He wished he had thrown the first pass further. We always teach the receiver picks his angle, and you've got to throw it to the receiver, and it was just a little off. I liked the effort. I'd like more accuracy....The only throw that I thought was poor was the high throw to Santana Moss for the first down. Really, he should've just pulled that ball down and we should've got an easy completion. But he'll see. He'll see what the problem is."

Source: Washington Post