K Train's 3 Rounder W/ Explanations

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by K Train, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Spencer is a much better pass rusher then Montgomery

Kiffins DL doesnt require much gap control. You play the run basicly like its third and your going after the QB. Shoot through your gap and get into the backfield. Mingo is perfect

Sent from my HTC Vivid

2. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

I wouldn't count on the Cowboys taking Vaccaro at 18. Mike Fisher said this morning on The Fan that the Cowboys feel that there is enough depth at that position that they can get one in the later rounds. Same thing at RB.

3. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

Morons

Safety has been a need since woody retired. It's never addressed Its always. Problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

4. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

Eagles cancelled their meeting with Milliner. He more than likely will NOT be an Eagle.

5. ragman

Why are you surprised, Omen? It's just JJ working on the cheap again. As usual.

6. Omen

Don't think it has anything to do about cheap. It's our scouting and coaches tho king a band aid will suffice.

Drafts aren't all that bad

Tyron
    Dez
    Murray
    Sean lee
    Claiborne
    Bruce C
    dware
    Rat
    Spencer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

7. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Pretty good mock, considering my only nitpick is the second to last pick in it. I doubt the Niners take a CB in the first 3, if at all. They're currently 4 deep with starting caliber CB's and Brock isn't all that far behind them...Neither Rogers nor Naamdi are spring chickens, but unless someone falls hard and ends up in their lap, I expect them to grab an upside CB later on to develop like they did with Cully and Brown, if anything.

8. ragman

Totally disagree. I read somewhere that between 2006-2009, the Cowboys drafted 34 players. Of those 34 players, only 5 are still with the team today. Some of the remaining players aren't even in the league anymore. This team has got to do better at evaluating talent.

9. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

I think that's probably true, or close to it, for all teams, especially if you take it back 6 years...plus you didnt even have a pick in the first two rounds in 09. The Niners only have 7 from that same time period. Look at just the first round in 06 for example, I count 5 players out of 32 that are still with their original teams, and it's not like that year was an anomaly.

10. ragman

The Cowboys don't have anyone on the team today from the 2009 draft. The last person was Victor Butler, and he just signed with NO.

11. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

So? You didn't have a pick until the 3rd round. Look at the 2009 draft and tell me how many 3rd round and later picks are still with the same team, and how many of those are regular contributors. Most of them aren't even in the league anymore.

2009 NFL Draft Listing - Pro-Football-Reference.com

I'm all for Cowboy bashing, but in this case you're really reaching to try and crap on them for something that's pretty much the status quo around the league.

12. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

No this is rather typical of the self loathing Cowboy set. Usually done by the fans that think Jones is the worst human ever. At the homer board at least 3 times a week someone will start a thread about how bad the 2009 draft was. Its pourn to them

Sent from my HTC Vivid

13. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

In the 3rd round if Barrett Jones is at that 1st 3rd round pick of the 49ers I believe they will select him because Goodwin is making over 3m and only has 1 year left on his deal. I dont see them resigning him. Jones would fit the system pretty well in my opinion.

14. ragman

I'm not bashing. I.m stating facts. The Cowboys have problems in drafting talent. They shouldn't have traded those picks away in the first place.

15. Omen

I was thinking the same thing....it's the status quo with all teams yet the cowboys are somehow different.

And JJ is correct I happen to visit this homer site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

16. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

They really don't though, that's the point Im trying to make. Or, at the very least, they don't have significantly greater problems than anyone else in the league in that regard. Theres a ton of talent on that roster, more than most teams in the league, and most of it came through the draft. You're arbitrarily insisting it's a problem and a cause of their failure without looking at the bigger picture.

You talk a lot about how you want them to draft like the Super Bowl teams do. In 2009, other than Crabtree (who is irrelevant to this since you didnt have a first), the Niners drafted a guy in the second who quit after one year to be a preacher, 2 guys that never made it through TC/preseason (3rd and 5th rounds), a QB who never threw a regular season pass (fourth round), and a practice squad safety that dressed for a game. Once. 2008 was even worse, but I'm not even going into that.

So really, you are drafting like them.

Perhaps not, but thats another discussion entirely.

17. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

First- Star Lotulelei doesn't go that high in my opinion. Even being cleared I think his health risks will scare people away.

No way that both the Eagles and Lions pass on Fisher. There will be 2, if not 3, OTs taken in the top 5. That is a lock in my opinion

No TE in the first round is insane. There are atleast 3 teams that would want to take a TE with their first pick.

The Cardinals will not entertain the fact of not taking a QB with their first 3 picks. I absolutely believe they take a QB in the 2nd round ESPECIALLY if Barkley is still there. Regardless, they will pull the trigger within the first 3 rounds almost garaunteed

18. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I think the Cardinals go OL, QB, RB with their first 3 picks. They obviously need helo in their offensive line, Palmer is no long term solution, and Beanie is gone and Williams is proven to be injury prone. My guess for them:

1st- Lane Johnson
    2nd- Matt Barkley
    3rd- Marcus Lattimore/Laveon Bell

19. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

Id be shocked if star makes it past the eagles. He looked brilliant at his pro day and is just insanely powerful and agile for his size

Im working on another version for my final version....few things needed to be altered

20. LitesOut13

LitesOut13 Rookie

I definitely think his talent should put him there, I just think teams will still be worried about the health part of it. Also, if the Raiders don't grab him, too many teams after that need OL help so I think they would pass on him for that reason. The top 12 picks could quite possibly have 5 or 6 OL there

Star was a tough player to place where he will go for me