Knicks Coach Mike D'Antoni Steps Down

Discussion in 'Basketball Talk' started by Mike, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Breaking: Stephen A passed me in hall and said Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni is resigning. So there's that.
    Twitter.com

2. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

Wait WHAT?

3. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Mike D'Antoni has resigned as coach of the New York Knicks.

D'Antoni's resignation was first reported by Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday. The coach's agent, Warren LeGarie, told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that the parting was "a mutual decision" because D'Antoni and the franchise have "conflicting views of the Knicks' future."

D'Antoni put the Knicks through a morning workout Wednesday and had been preparing to coach them against the Portland Trail Blazers. Instead, Mike Woodson is expected to handle that role.

ESPN.com

4. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

what a mess that team is right now

5. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

It was inevitable. I'm guessin' he had a meeting with Jim Dolan and said he wanted Anthony on the bench for a while. Then the news breaks that Anthony wants out before the trade deadline [Here]. So someone was gonna go and it wasn't gonna be Melo.

6. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Lul @ linsanity such a flash in the pants moment

7. Dragonite

This team has fallen apart. Trading for Melo was a HUGE mistake.

8. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i don't blame him. that team is just not meshing with melo and stoudamire on the court and he's eventually going to take the fall anyway.

9. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

I said he wasn't anywhere near as good as everyone seemed to think.

Pretty surprised by this. I remember when he was hired all the "experts" were all over his twinky saying how great it was and how good he would make them. Not so much. Now Melo is on the hotseat. He's not looking very good right now.

10. Dragonite

The Knicks WENT OFF tonight.

11. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

I think this is what the knicks had to do. You gave up pretty much your whole team for Melo so you cant really get rid of Melo. The caoch had to go in this situation

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Ugh....the frustration continues. Being a fan of this team has been damn trying for over a decade now.

13. Dragonite

doing alright since firing D'Antoni

14. SRW

And we did good for a while when Lin got in the lineup. Problem is you look at this team and wonder where in this lineup can they find players to build around? Melo is proving not to be the answer and his deal was a crapshoot the team gambled on and lost. How long before this mess is fixed though?

15. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

Melo is a true stud. Give him the ball, met him score 30, and build around that. Melo hasn't been a loser his whole career. Put one in the rafters at Cuse, came to Denver and made them a playoff team

Stoudimire has ALWAYS been an overrated, overhyped system star. Either try to find a trade price for him, or trade Melo for expiring deals and start over, building around sentmental star

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk

16. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Amare has never won, and never will win. Ship his big butt somewhere else

17. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Anthony/Stoudemire are both over-rated. Acquiring those 2 with D'Antoni at the helm was a guaranteed cluster heck from the get-go.

18. SRW

We all know Melo was the sloppy seconds after the Knicks tried to woo LeBron. I haven't seen what there is to be excited about Melo yet. Is that Melo's fault or was it all D'Antoni?

19. Dragonite

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Denver go farther without Melo then they did with Melo in the playoffs last year? And are they not a playoff team this year?

I think Melo was the problem not the solution.

20. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

No, they almost got to the finals with Melo

Sent by HTC Vivid using Tapatalk