Leave Football Alone Mark; A New League is Doomed to Fail

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by indysteve1563, May 31, 2007.

1. Cuban is like Richie Rich - bored and looking for something to call his "toy". This "league" will sink lower than the Titanic. The XFL should be a good reminder of the superior product the NFL has.

2. jagfangirl27

jagfangirl27 Queen bitch of all that

The only way it would possibly work is if there is no salary cap and NFL players start jumping ship because of the money.

3. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Cuban's latest blog lays out his reasons for why he thinks this is a good idea. I'm not sold.

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

No matter what he does it won't be enough, Sundays is for Profootball, Saturdays is for college ball and Fridays is for highschool ball, no matter what or who Cuban tries to buy this new league is doomed.

5. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

What the hell are they thinking about??

Yeah, and that's why football is the greatest sport. Because of its rareness, because of the short seasons...

Just go buy an AFL team if you're bored, Cuban.

6. Roy31

Roy31 Hall Of Famer

What he should do is become a co-owner of the Toronto Argonauts in the CFL, they have been interested in adding a Toronto team to the NFL. Best case scenario he helps finance a new stadium to be built they build it and the city gets an NFL team, Worst case scenario he helps improve the team and product and turns a profit until he has a chance to get himself an NFL team or whatever.

Makes much more sense than starting some new league that would be destined to fail.

7. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

WOW, the Mavs aren't enough for Mark Cuban huh? Stick to basketball Mark!

8. linz_renee

linz_renee Well-Known

does he have any mental issues? There are a lot of football leagues already...

9. ollysj

ollysj iKraut

All he want is an expansion team IMO

10. skinsfan1

skinsfan1 BANNED

cuban should stick to basketball

11. FSUViking

FSUViking BANNED

That's not exactly working well for him either.....[smilie=VIOLENT22.g:

12. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

While I'm not sure if this league can pass the test, I do feel there is room for competition against the NFL. The USFL proved that you can deliver a good product in the football (NFL) off-season and challenge the NFL for players signatures. There are some football markets out their the NFL hasn't taped into and enough none-NFL time to play in. The key is to not copy the NFL and to not aim too high too quickly so while I have doubts that this league can be a success, I do feel that competition to the NFL is not impossible.

13. PerfectEffort

PerfectEffort Starter

Maybe Cuban could get some players from the defunct NFL Europe developmental league. Not really competition, just more football. Have it go on during the offseason on friday nights. And I definitely hope the NFL starts reaching across the border and gets some Canadian teams. They also need to tap Las Vegas, fastest growing city in the US.

14. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Good luck UFL.

15. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

if this league last two years it is a success

16. SHAKEDOWN

SHAKEDOWN Starter

HHAha This has total failure written all over it, he's better off just buying an NFL team.

17. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Exactly.Should have put it in the spring.