Lions Could 'Reshape' Front Office, According To Report

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

According to a report, it's not out of the question that the Detroit Lions could "reshape" their front office and alter Martin Mayhew's role.

Most of the speculation surrounding the Detroit Lions right now revolves around the head coaching position and whether or not Jim Schwartz will be retained going into 2013. According to CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, it's not completely out of the question that the Lions could make changes in the front office, specifically involving general manager Martin Mayhew.

La Canfora actually said that the Lions are among the teams "not planning to make any changes at this time" when it comes to their head coach, but the disclaimer was that the situation could be complicated by a possible general manager change. This is why there is speculation about Mayhew potentially being removed from the GM position and the front office being reshaped.

Source: SBNation.com

2. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

Never liked Mayhew much, I think it'd be a positive move to go with someone else. I hear Tom Heckert could be lookin for work tomorrow, and I've been a fan.