Lions DT Ndamukong Suh Willing To Let Warren Sapp Mentor Him

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Dec 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has heard the criticisms thrown at him by former Tampa Bay Buccaneers standout Warren Sapp.

Suh finally decided to send Sapp a message.

Teach me something.

"You have a guy that, in essence, criticizes me and says I'm doing things so horribly wrong and not playing up to my potential," Suh said.

"I assume, paraphrasing; I don't know exactly what's going on in his head. To me, you can just be a fan and just criticize me or you can be a great person, and somebody who can be a legend, and somebody who could be possibly in the NFL Hall of Fame, and teach me something.

"Show me what you think I'm doing incorrectly, or I'll just consider you a fan, somebody who just wants to criticize me."

Suh said he is willing to allow Sapp to mentor him on-the-field if the former NFL player believes he sees weaknesses.

"I'm not afraid by any means," Suh said. "I said this since I've been young ... I'm still young in this game, very much so, even though this is my third year. I've got a lot to learn. I'm not afraid to learn from anybody, whether it's somebody immediately who I'm playing with or somebody who has been long gone and been out of the league already for five or six years.

"I'm not afraid to learn from anybody, in essence, take a back seat role, and learn from somebody who has gone through the ropes already."

Source: MLive.com

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

suh is not listening to anyone ............ there seems to be a lot of sarcasm in his quotes.

3. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

And not for nothing but Sapp is the last person to be mentored by.

4. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Sapp...the guy who's gone bankrupt and who almost killed his cushy TV job with the whole 'Jeremy Shockey/Bountygate' scandal. That's the expert I'd want.