Lions RB Jahvid Best Remains Hopeful He'll Play Again

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Lions running back Jahvid Best hasn't played in an NFL game since Oct. 16, 2011, when he suffered a concussion against the San Francisco 49ers. Despite the disconcerting amount of time it's taking to gain clearance for contact, he remains optimistic he'll be able to return to the field one day.

"It's tough. I don't know what the future is going to hold for me," Best told the Baltimore Sun. "It's been about a year and a half now, but I'm still working out like I'm playing next week. ... I am never giving up hope. I'm staying ready so if the opportunity does present itself, I'll be ready."

The Lions aren't taking the same chances they did last season, when they assumed Best would be cleared. General manager Martin Mayhew called the miscalculation his biggest mistake as Detroit stumbled to a 4-12 record in 2012.

Mayhew wasted little time this offseason, signing not just an insurance policy, but a replacement in Reggie Bush.

Source: MLive.com

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

I know he loves playing, and has a ton of talent, but he really should move on