Lions WR Nate Burleson Tells Reggie Bush To Bring His Talents To Detroit

Discussion in 'Detroit Lions' started by SRW, Feb 18, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford recently started following pending free agent Reggie Bush on Twitter, and this morning, Lions receiver Nate Burleson made his best sales pitch to bring the electric running back to Detroit.

Appearing on NFL AM on the NFL Network, Burleson said Bush is tops on his free agent wish list this off-season.

“I’m going to just say this, 'Reggie Bush, you already took your talents to South Beach, come on to Detroit,'†Burleson said. “I know it’s not as sunny, and it might not be the same type of glitz and glamor, but you can do wonders for us.â€

With Jahvid Best’s career likely over because of concussions, the Lions are looking for a speedy option to complement Mikel Leshoure in the backfield.

Bush, who turns 28 next month, is considered one of the top running backs on the market. He had three 50-catch seasons early in his career and rushed for more than 2,000 yards over the past two seasons.

“Reggie Bush has proven that he’s still explosive, and me and (Steelers safety Ryan Clark, who also appeared on the show) talked about it off air: He still has that legend behind him,†Burleson said. “He came from USC, and everybody knows he can go out there and shake a little bit, wiggle a little bit and break that big run. And for him to put up two 1,000-yard seasons the last couple years proves that he’s still an elite running back. And if I can get Reggie Bush in a Detroit Lions uniform, ooh-wee, watch out.â€

Source: Detroit Free Press