Mike Tomlin Won't Rule Out Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey For Super Bowl XLV

Discussion in 'Pittsburgh Steelers' started by BigBlueBruiser, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin is not ruling out Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey for the Super Bowl despite the rookie walking on crutches with a high ankle sprain. A league source has told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that Pouncey will not play against the Green Bay Packers. Pouncey injured his left ankle in the Steelers' victory over the New York Jets in the AFC championship last Sunday and did not practice last week, and Tomlin says Monday the Steelers are being "very aggressive" with Pouncey's rehabilitation. He adds that Pouncey is "not on a running clock" until Wednesday -- the team's first practice before the Super Bowl. According to media reports, Pouncey also has a broken bone in the ankle -- with Tomlin saying only he's "sure it could be characterized as that."

Source: ESPN

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2011
  2. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'm comfortable with Lagursky playing center considering the rushing yards we had against the Jets solid defense with him in there, of course I'd love if Pouncey can play but I don't think it's going to determine the Superbowl winner.

3. 86WARD

86WARD -

This worries me...a lot...