Money In The Bank

Discussion in 'Wrestling Talk' started by Mike S., Jun 27, 2011.

1. Mike S.

Mike S. GIF Hall Of Fame Class Of 2007 Staff Member

[​IMG]

July 17, 2011 - Allstate Arena - Chicago, Illinois

John Cena (c) vs. CM Punk for the WWE Championship

Randy Orton (c) vs. Christian for the World Heavyweight Championship

RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Winner gets a contract for a WWE Title shot up to one year

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Winner gets a contract for a World Heavyweight Title shot up to one year

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. Mike S.

Updated Card:

Kelly Kelly (c) vs. Brie Bella for the WWE Divas Championship

RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Winner gets a contract for a WWE Title shot up to one year: Alex Riley vs The Miz vs Jack Swagger vs R-Truth vs Evan Bourne vs Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Winner gets a contract for a World Heavyweight Title shot up to one year

3. Chipper10

Chipper10 Back 2 Back! Roll Tide Roll!

Would love to see Kofi win the MITB for RAW, but I doubt they let it happen. Hell, I'd love to see Bourne win it, but again .. that definitely won't happen.

I wonder who will replace CM Punk in the WWE Title match..

4. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Kofi, since the infamous "Stupid, Stupid, Stupid" incident with Orton at MSG has been in a complete tailspin and seemingly appears to be stuck in US/IC Title irrelevancy. The obvious candidate would appear to be Del Rio, even though he doesn't really seem to draw much heat so far. I'd love to see Morrison win, but again, he seems to be stuck in the same position as Kofi, only in the upper midcard instead.

Unlike last year, where there were two lame duck champions (Sheamus & Jack Swagger), this MITB seems lack as much suspense this time around as it's seems obvious that whoever wins will no doubt be fed to the modern superpowers of Cena & Orton.

[NSFW]CM Punk replaces CM Punk...Seriously.[/NSFW]

5. Dragonite

Dragonite Simply Arrogant!

CM Punk wins so the WWE can keep him. lol

I hope Alex Riley wins, I am starting to love him.

6. Mike S.

Updated Card:

RAW Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Winner gets a contract for a WWE Title shot up to one year: Alex Riley vs The Miz vs Jack Swagger vs R-Truth vs Evan Bourne vs Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio vs Kofi Kingston

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Winner gets a contract for a World Heavyweight Title shot up to one year: Daniel Bryan vs Sin Cara vs Kane vs Wade Barrett vs Sheamus vs Cody Rhodes vs Heath Slater vs Justin Gabriel

7. Mike S.

Updated Card:

Smackdown Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Winner gets a contract for a World Heavyweight Title shot up to one year: Daniel Bryan vs Sin Cara vs Kane vs Wade Barrett vs Sheamus vs Cody Rhodes vs Heath Slater vs Justin Gabriel

Big Show vs Mark Henry

8. Greg Brosh

Greg Brosh Local Eagles Fan Fantasy Guru

The more the days go by, the more I'm starting to suspect that Punk isn't going to win. I'm not sure why they felt the need to add the You're Fired stipulation. That right there totally destroyed the entire storyline.

Ever since Punk hurled that gay slur in Australia, I believe the WWE will hold off on re-signing him in order to appease the gay-rights activists and then revisit his contract later.

But it now seems Punk really wants out and since he has balked at the offers given, including an option to be in a WWE movie, which all suck, I think he either goes to Japan where he could be HUGE, or goes back to ROH.

I hope he avoids TNA, yes it's still TNA to me, like the plague.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I say let CM Punk win vs Cena and then have the money in the bank winner get the win right after over Punk.

10. That theory has been floated around in recent days.......

I watched the segment on RAW with Vince McMahon threatening to fire Cena if Punk walks out of Chicago with the WWE Championship.

Doesn't necessarily mean he'll "fire" Cena if he loses to Punk......only if he leaves the building with the title.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
  11. Greg Brosh

I am assuming they are making Cena/Punk the last match. I doubt Orton/Christian will be considering how many times they fought already.

How long do these last? Three hours? If Punk wins and there appears to be a lot of time left, that could be an indication that they are going to keep the storyline going with Punk trying to get out of the building with the title and Cena trying to either stop him, or have the MITB winner do it.

12. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Cena vs Punk is the main event. Three hours is about right for a PPV. The crowd is going to be so pro Punk that night thought...it might conjure memories of ECW's One Night Stand when the crowd buried Cena vs Van Dam.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-PkYVxM_d0]YouTube - ‪John Cena Gets Booed at ECW‬‏[/ame]

13. Greg Brosh

That was great. Cena throwing his shirt out and the crowd throwing it back was epic.

14. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

No matter what, CM Punk is not leaving the PPV as champion. Summerslam is next month so the big angle for that would seemingly be born from this event, so possibly, as said, is that Cena may drop the title to Punk, then whoever wins MITB would take the title back (Riley perhaps?).

But having the Cena fired angle done less than a year ago, it seems very strange and illogical to do a very similar angle. Plus, they would have to craft some alliance with a superstar to Vince for any match to happen at Summerslam, otherwise it would be very off.

15. misfitz

misfitz Dropping Twitter Bombs

I dont think riley should be champ this quickly yes hes good in the ring and that spine buster he has is Rock esque but that would be to much to quick. Miz has been Rileys whipping boy so i dont see him winning it especially two years in a row. I would hate to see del rio win it he is boring in the ring. R-Truth would be a great one to win it and the title but he is supposedly gonna feud with rey mysterio which i why i think neither wins it. Evan bourne winning it could happen because he could be the first one to not cash it in especially against super cena. Jack and Kofi i dont see having any chance in this.

16. Greg Brosh

*****cough*****anyone have a link to watch online?*****cough*****

17. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

Anyone watching this tonight?

18. misfitz

im watching it right now will post winners as they happen

19. dublin mike

dublin mike Unfortunate Georgia Sports Fan

can't believe Kane is in another MiTB.

20. misfitz

Winner of the Smackdown Money in the bank is DANIEL BRYAN! Wow!