Monk, HOF or Not?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by HailttRedskins, Aug 5, 2007.

?

Does He Belong in the HOF?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    80.6%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. bossplaya000

bossplaya000 Bitch I'm the boss

No.. He just had a crap load of mediocre seasons.. He didn't make many pro bowls and rarely led the league in anything..

20 years of eh... = 10 years of goooood

2. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

I didn't know record setting seasons are now called "mediocre."

Have you ever seen the man play?

Not video clips, I'm talking full games, and not one, at least 5-10.

3. bossplaya000

bossplaya000 Bitch I'm the boss

4. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

There was nothing mediocre about Art Monk and even the reason the stats don't look stellar is because nowadays WRs are putting up bigger numbers at the time Monk was setting records

5. frost

frost Irreverent Bastard

True the rules for QB/WR's has changed so much...can you imagine Marino(in his prime) in today's NFL? :icon_eek:

6. RedskinsNo.1

RedskinsNo.1 R.I.P Sean Taylor

Yea i can, the numbers would be phenomenal

7. HailttRedskins

Exactly, I think that's the main problem with people today, they don't understand the game has changed a lot since he's played.

8. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

as much as i dislike the redskins .....its hecken wrong for him not to be in if chris carter makes in before him i gonna gonna

9. nixaler

nixaler Pro Bowler

Monk should have been there a long time ago. It did take Lynn Swann a while to get in.

at this point he almost needs a year that doesnt have any Elway's Barry Sanders, Marinos, etc that are eligable.

10. HailttRedskins

Finally, not a dumbass, I don't know why, but I think a lot of your fans just say he shouldn't be in because he was a Redskins player for so long.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't like Dallas, but to say Smith shouldn't be allowed in is just stupid.

11. Garnett

Garnett Gritt Tuff

I used to not want Monk in b/c of his team, but in comparison to other players in, he stacks up and will probably get in via the veterans comittee if definate first ballot keeps coming up.

12. HailttRedskins

I won't be happy if he's in the veterans committee, that's like saying, you weren't good enough to get in here, so we'll let you in here, heck that.

13. Omen

Omen Speeling Be Champions Staff Member

just like drew pearson i think he deserves to be in too his numbers stack up right there with lynn swann if not better in some respects but he hasnt made it in