Multiple Reports Confirm Andy Reid Is Out As Eagles Coach

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Eagles' started by SRW, Dec 30, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Reuben Frank reports that two sources have informed him that Eagles owner Jeffery Lurie told Andy Reid following Sunday’s loss to the Giants that he’s “going in a different direction.â€￾

Howard Eskin then chimed in saying a source told him that Reid was informed on Friday that he would not be back in 2013 while Ian Rapoport tweets that his sources have mentioned that Reid hasn’t been informed of anything just yet, but expects it to happen tomorrow.

The writing has been on the wall for months now, so this hardly surprising. Recent reports have suggested that the Cardinals or Jaguars could end up being Reid’s best options as the Chargers are reportedly looking at different options.

As we saw with Jeff Fisher last year, it can take awhile for things to get sorted out regarding new coaching jobs, but Reid has reportedly been working on putting together his coaching staff so that he can act quickly.

Source: NFL Trade Rumors

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  2. ball in the baskett

ball in the baskett First Team All Pro

reid and tebow together? lol

3. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

This would be shocking news if true.

4. Mike

Mike Want some Cheetos?

Schefter said he hasn't been fired?

5. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

As I've said, Howard Eskin takes people on the bus as "notable/reliable" sources. I would be SHOCKED if Andy Reid is the Eagles head coach on January 1st, 2013. It they were 8-8 or even 7-9 I could see Lurie maybe letting it go. But 4-12 after last season is plain unacceptable and if he doesn't fire Reid he's basically crapting on his fan base.

6. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

He'll be out tomorow IMO

Sent from my HTC Vivid

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Eskin thinks his cat is a notable/reliable source. He's an butt.

8. TheDuke

TheDuke Breast Man

It'll be announced tomorrow. I don't think that Lurie "officially" fires him until tomorrow AM. He's done too much to get a phone call.

9. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.nfl.com/videos/philadelphia-eagles/0ap2000000119612/Time-for-the-Eagles-to-clean-house]Time for the Philadelphia Eagles to clean house? - NFL Videos[/ame]

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

There's a rumor that Andy Reid text messages local sports anchor Via Sikahema and let Via know he was fired...

11. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

This. I'll only believe a blasphemous rumor like this if I see it on ESPN.

It's preposterous, really.

12. smeags

smeags militant geek

:moe:

13. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez