New England Patriots QB Tom Brady returns to practice

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Sportsguy, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Sportsguy

Sportsguy AKA-Sportsguy9695

Tom Brady downplayed missing Wednesday's practice because of illness, saying it felt good to get back on the field with his New England Patriots teammates Thursday in anticipation of Sunday's AFC Championship Game against the Denver Broncos.

"It was nothing. I feel great. Nothing at all," he said.

Brady, who wore a winter cap and appeared to be sucking on a cold lozenge, deflected a question when asked for details of his illness.

"The injury report, didn't that come out?" he said, echoing remarks of New England coach Bill Belichick.

Brady was removed from Thursday's injury report. On Wednesday, he was listed as DNP, right shoulder/illness.

Brady felt the team had "a good day at practice" and said it was good for him to "get back on track." He also said the missed practice won't have a major impact on his preparations for Sunday's game in Denver.

"We've been at it for a while now," said Brady, 36, who had not missed a practice this season before Wednesday. "There are days where I've missed practice and you just deal with them. I've played a lot of football over the whole season, and I got back out there today and it felt good."

Source: Continue Reading