New Server Move Bug Report Thread V3.0

Discussion in 'Site News' started by SRW, Jul 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I know...it is frustrating....what I have been doing is when I post a story and I get a database error I click back to go back to the new thread creation page where you already entered all the information for the post and try again. We are aware of the database issue and are just trying to bide our time until we get on the dedicated server.

2. 86WARD

86WARD -

When I get the database error, I'll click back and then try to open a new thread in a different tab. Then keep refreshing until that one goes through, then submit the story...that way I don't risk losing the story by accident...

3. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Thanks Ward and SRW

4. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

I'm trying to redo the gifts area and I'm ready to pull my hair out because of the database errors..grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5. 86WARD

86WARD -

ANytime.

6. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

All day I got this "server not found" error. Based on the time of today's posts something tells me I was the only one getting this (or we were a few...who knows).

Something wrong with the DNS?

7. hermhater

hermhater Guest

No TJ I was getting it all day too.

I even changed my name servers to the one that themush uses, because he was able to get on and post when I wasn't.

Still didn't help.

Some really weird stuff going on with the DNS.

8. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Well here's the head's up....

We are currently on a VPS and were going to be on one until about the 14th when a dedicated server was going to be available for us to move to for a great deal. Unfortunately the site eats up so many resources that it's making the VPS overload and lock up. Because of that we will be moving to a dedicated server ASAP (as early as tonight or tomorrow night). The host has assured us that once we move to the new dedicated server any issues will be a thing of the past and if we still have issues the host will incur any costs in needed upgrades to have the server work up to speed for our site. We might experience some downtime (what else is new) but should only be 24-72 hours max for some of you as the DNS updates.

Well that's the latest. Looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel here. Hopefully by the middle of the week all these server issues will be a thing of the past.

9. 86WARD

86WARD -

:woodson: Let's get it done!!

10. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

11. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Great news. The 14th seemed so far away in it's current condition (sometimes great/other times not at all/and everything in between).

12. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Well, the 14th is the release of Madden 10. So if the site takes two weeks again to come back, I'll have something to do. I just need to figure out the work part :lol:

13. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

At this rate I will never unpack, I've been a drifter all summer!:icon_cheesygrin:

14. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I hope you got that in writing Steve...

I still can't understand why they would put you on a VPS in the first place.

Thanks for all the work you've been doing, I know it's been rough.

:cool:

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

MEDIA GUY.

[​IMG]

The speed has been killing me today...I'm looking forward to the new home as I am sure many of us are. I don't care how long it takes as long as we get it back to where it was. GIF is too good to be running the way it is. Good news is, hopefully, it'll be back to normal by the time the Preseason games are here!!

16. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Im starting to get really angry about this... Every time im about to post news database error or the site is down. :taz:

17. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

We tried it because of the price, obviously the site needs too much to be sharing with anyone so we are sucking it up and getting a dedicated server, it's expensive but needed.

18. CP26

CP26 Im Back Mofos

Sorry my comments looked a bit harsh. I ctually appreciate the work and effort you guys are putting in to keep Gridironfans at a top level.

19. hermhater

hermhater Guest

I understand the price situation, but why would they think that they could run the site on a VPS?

Are you sure these guys know what they are doing?

20. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

HH, please no more about if these people know what they are doing...no one talked bad about you trying to help us and it not working out so I don't feel that you now should be talking badly about another service.

It was our decision to go that route first to see if it would work, obviously it didn't and we're going to dole out the cash each month for a dedicated server, case closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.