NFL Could Eventually Eliminate Kickoffs?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Apr 14, 2012.

1. DontKnowMe

DontKnowMe Anti-Social Networker

Jumpball At the 50 yard line

2. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

i know a lot of professional players don't like special teams, specifically kickoffs and punts, so the nflpa might support this if they've had a lot of players 'complain' about getting stuck on k/o and punt duties.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

I think a lot of those 'complaining players' would much rather have a job and get paid than being cut because they aren't needed on offence/defence, because there wouldn't be a need for 53 players with Special Teams eliminated.

4. CaptainStubing

no, i think they would keep it at about 53. if we're just talking about getting rid of KO's, you would still need the kicker for field goals and the rest of the guys that typically play on KO are 2nd and 3rd string LB's, CB's, RB's, linemen and WR's and they would still be needed.

5. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

they could have a dance off with the cheerleaders. more skin shown that team gets the ball. Have a squad of pourn stars.

6. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p95foVhfqtI]XFL Cheerleaders - YouTube[/ame]

7. Buck Fenson

need more thongs.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

So how about just punting instead? Would still keep the return guys in the game and would kind of eliminate the "impact" that occurs on kickoffs.

9. buffalobillsfan1

buffalobillsfan1 2nd String

They need to move it back to the 30, its more exciting to see guys like Devin Hester run it back, then a touchback or no kickoff at all.

10. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Kickers and punters are not real football players. Get rid of kickoffs, punts, and field goals. While I know it will completely change the game we are used to, I think it would make for so much more of a warrior battle.

11. Buck Fenson

but the game is changed now. on the outside it seems like the same game but it is not. making football safer is like making war safer. can't happen. what they need to do it put all the people in those big balls that was on here on a different post. looks funny but the injuries would be decreased dramatically.

12. CaptainStubing

if any of you guys that are younger have not seen some of the older nfl games from the 70's and 80's, see if you can download some. the players used to just beat the living crap out of each other. it was no holds barred .................. damn, i miss those days.

13. Buck Fenson

those were some hellacious hits going on then. there were more injuries but it is a violent game.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Go back further when the ball carrier wasn't down until like 5 guys were piled on top of him...lol.