NFL Investigates Georgia Dome Artificial Crowd Noise

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ICECOLD, Feb 1, 2015.

1. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

The NFL has been investigating the Atlanta Falcons' use of artificial crowd noise in the Georgia Dome over the past two seasons, sources told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The offense is expected to result in discipline, with the Falcons being fined and quite possibly losing a draft choice, according to sources.

"We were informed during the season that the league office is looking into crowd noise during our games," a Falcons team spokesman said. "We have cooperated fully with them, and we're awaiting the outcome."

Atlanta has been accused of piping in the noise while the opposing team was huddling, trying to call its play. Some around the league have argued that silent counts have rendered crowd noise more irrelevant, and it's difficult to discern how much of an advantage it gave the Falcons.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescr...rgia-Dome-artificial-crowd-noise/Default.aspx

2. ICECOLD

ICECOLD 1st Stringer

They finished at 6-10... looks like it did have an effect :laughpound:

3. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

Most stadiums do this. I've been at Arrowhead when they had a malfunction and the artificial crowd noise wouldn't stop even though the crowd was quiet

4. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Change the topic and it's identical to ball pressure. Everybody and their mother does it, the NFL has known about it but turned a blind eye and Atlanta is the lucky recipient. Is it a big deal. Meh. But as many point out, it is cheating because it breaks NFL rules. IMO, just like ball pressure, what a f--king joke.

5. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Didn't the Colts get busted for this when Peyton was there?

6. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Accused, but not convicted. I remember that one because one of the networks took the heat and all I could think was "Da Fuq?"

Edit: Looked it up and it was CBS saying it was their fault. It was against the Patriots.