NFL Midseason Awards: Rookie Of The Year

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by ravenfan52, Oct 29, 2008.

?

Who has been the Offensive Rookie of the Year so far?

1. Chris Johnson

30.0%
  2. Matt Forte

35.0%
  3. Steve Slaton

5.0%
  4. Matt Ryan

30.0%
  5. Joe Flacco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

This is the award for the best offensive rookie of the year. This one should be a lot easier and simpler. 5 are nominated at the end of the year (at least in the diet pepsi one, maybe not the associated press one) so I'll put 5: Chris Johnson, Matt Forte, Steve Slaton, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. McFadden has missed some games so Flacco has the edge over him.

2. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Ok... now I'm gonna argue.... I don't think he should win but not have Desean Jackson on their proves your an idiot

3. ravenfan52

well who do you think deserves 1st place?

But ya know what, ok I'll have that debate. Let's get started. Who do you think Jackson should be in place of and why?

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Jackson could be on the list. No doubt. He deserves consideration. So does Eddie Royal, Felix Jones? Every hear of him?

Felix Jones should be on this list of 5 before Joe Flacco. Your going off of an 8 week schedule...you can't count injuries to two games. Dude's already won rookie of the week 3 times. So he got hurt. Doesn't make him a bad player.

:icon_rolleyes:

Matt Forte easily gets my vote.

5. Ridin Burgundy

Ridin Burgundy on the Magic Bandwagon

Hes a WR. They never win so he shouldn't be on the list.

6. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Flacco wouldn't start on a real football team.... nuff said

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

And where's the defensive list?

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

i mis clicked. i wanted to vote for forte

9. ravenfan52

note to self: when starting a thread about an award or a player or something like that where i haven't listed the only options previously (like who is better, this dude or that dude) do not post a poll. rather, just let people say who they think.

10. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

Note to Ravensfan52: When posting anything, just don't

11. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

Felix Jones easily.

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

^^ Do what Phigles says.

13. ravenfan52

totally saw that coming

u seriously think jones over johnson? why?

14. Ridin Burgundy

Not a chance.

15. 86WARD

86WARD -

3 TIME Rookie of the Week. That's almost half the games. Two (?) of which he didn't play. So out of the 6 he did, he was Rookie of the Week half the time. But that shouldn't hold any water.

16. SeanTaylor21

SeanTaylor21 TheKingofKind

Matt Forte, even if Felix Jones was on that list.

17. Ridin Burgundy

I would have Johnson, Forte and Ryan ahead of him. He hasn't played enough to be deserving.

18. phiglesphan

phiglesphan BANNED

It's the two that he didn't play that takes him out of the running for me, otherwise Jones would lead amongst RBs.. Matt Ryan wins to me because to excel to the level he has as QB is ALOT tougher then putting up big RB numbers, especially to do so consistently

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

BTW. Forte should win it over all IMO...My argument above is why Felix should be on the list before Flacco...

20. dolphindude13

dolphindude13 Jack Of All Trades

Forte and it shouldn't be close. Felix Jones shouldn't be in the discusion because he's a part time player. Only other one on this list I take exception to is Flacco. Desean, Royal both should be there over him.

I'm really suprised Slaton hasn't got any votes....that guy is going to be "special".