NFL TV Commentator Rankings

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 9, 2008.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

TV Commentator Rankings
    From the best to the worst of the NFL announcers

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Gumbel alone makes the NFL Network crew the worst for me.

3. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

:qft:

4. Flaxe1

Flaxe1 1st Stringer

I really like the commentating crew on FOX, they don't talk too much, but they talk enough to keep you entertained. However, the NFL network crew is sooo bad. The commentators are soo dull and stupid, in Gumbel's case. Chris Colinsworth along with Marshall Faulk just annoy the hell out of me. When I do watch games on the NFL network I usually have the volume turned down so I don't have to listen to them blab on.

5. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The Joe Buck/Troy Aikman team is comparable to someone running their fingernails on a chalk board for me. Joe Buck has no business calling play by play games for football. And god forbid they call someone out during a game.

It sucks that some of the gems are hidden by the networks. Sam Rosen and Tim Ryan don't normally get good games to work. I wish that the announcing team for the Super Bowl and playoffs was picked by a grading system like they do for the officials. Maybe then some of the good teams would get the widespread credit they deserve.

6. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

qft

Also, they need to quit hating on Gus Johnson, he makes any game watchable, even the most crappy ones.

7. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

2 stars for Buck and Aikman, 2 1/2 stars for Nantz and Simms? 4 stars for Ron Pitts? This author is a moron who doesn't know crap about broadcasting.