NFL's Biggest Waste Of Natural Talent---Past Or Present

Discussion in 'NFL Smack Central' started by Saintsfan1972, Sep 15, 2007.

1. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

2 come to mind right away.....

Ricky Williams
    David Boston

2. happ

happ PECAVI

Michael F'ing Vick.

3. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

In my opinion, I would put Mike Williams on that list right now too. Great freshman year at USC, decides he's gonna leave and try to enter the NFL draft just one year removed from high school, THANK YOU Maurice Clarett. If he had stayed at USC for atleast three years, I don't think he'd be on this list.

4. wide right

wide right Grumpy Old Man

Lawrence Phillips

5. Saintsfan1972

Saintsfan1972 BREESUS SAVES

damn...forgot about him

rod vermeil called him potentially the best running back he had ever coached

wasn't it phillips who missed the block on aeneas williams when he knock out steve young during a MNF?????

6. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

speaking of good ole Maruice I would put him on this list as well

7. Crawl

Crawl Pro Bowler

Mike Williams(buffalo OT), Ryan Leaf,Curtis Enis, Ki-jana Carter,Charles Rodgers (wr-det)

8. wide right

Every guy in this video:​

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98[/MEDIA]

9. NJeMKay

NJeMKay Starter

Kyle Brady over Warren Sapp :icon_cry:

Ricky Williams came to mind before i opened this thread

10. TDJets72027

TDJets72027 Rex Ryan baby

Ricky Williams
    Tim Couch
    Akili Smith
    Ryan LEaf

11. Bears 88

Bears 88 FTW

Joey Harrington

12. DoubleC

DoubleC i'm ready now...

Yes, it was him. :club:

I'd say Ricky Williams too.

13. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Akili Smith never really had a fair chance IMO, and then an injury didn't help his career just 3 years into his job.

14. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Hall Of Famer

I'm gonna add Cade McNown to this list.

15. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

Yes, leading to a concussion and his retirement, thanks for bringing that up, cockface :angry:

Ricky Williams is a great example of a supreme talent who proved himself at the NFL level and threw it away for no good reason. That's the shining example right there. Most of the rest of the guys y'all are mentioning were overrated college prospects and draft busts, who obviously didn't really have the natural talent to waste, when it came down to it. At least not NFL level talent. You wanna talk about wasting natural talent you have to talk about people who got to the top and tossed it. Like RIcky Williams.

I think a good example is Randy Moss. Hear me out. Sure, he has been great, he's had a lot of good years, he is an outstanding wideout. But with his natural abilities and talent, he could have easily been the best ever. Easily. He stopped giving a crap at some point, started taking plays and even entire games off, not giving 100% if he didn't feel like it, etc. Basically just showing up for the check. If he had half the drive and work ethic of a player like Jerry Rice or Tim Brown or Marvin Harrison or even his old teammate Cris Carter, he would have smashed every record in the book by now.
    He's looking like the Randy of old so far this year, but it's too little too late, IMO.

16. HailttRedskins

HailttRedskins I Still Say Redskins

Tony Banks, piece of crap, I think I'd still kick his butt if I ever met him in person.

17. tigersucs

tigersucs nfl-fans refugee

There have been many but one that stands out in my mind is Carlton Haselrig. Six NCAA National Wrestling Championships(3 D2 and 3 D1) as well as having a rule named after you so no one else can ever accomplish the feat again. Then get drafted 12th round by the hometown team. Made the Pro Bowl within 2-3 years of being named starter after impressing the coaching staff on the practice squad. Too bad fame and forturne as well as drugs and alcohol got the better of him.

18. jaybird15

jaybird15 Starter

I thought you said NATURAL talent, not enhanced talent. uh hum...David Boston

19. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I'd say Bo Jackson, if he had committed to football from the get-go he could have been one of the best backs ever. As it is, he's regarded as one of the best strike weapons ever but because he was a half a season guy, you can't really compare him to the greats who played all season long.

20. wide right

:yeahthat: