No takers for LaVar Arrington?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by Chrisbob, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Why am I not surprised. I stated last year I was happy to see him gone from the Skins and after a year in New York where he did little before getting injured, he is now seemingly attracting little interest in the free agent market.

I think he'll be lucky to get a veteran minimum contract with incentives from someone and at best, he's a situation player.

If that doesn't happen, expect him to announce his 'retirement'!

Congrats LaVar, way to waste your talent!

2. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

I forgot he was even out there. I guess all the GM's did too. :lol:

3. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

I think he's too much of a health risk to even pay the vet minimum for. He's going to have to prove he's 100% and then some before someone takes a chance on him.

4. SuperBeast

SuperBeast BANNED

I did the same :mrgreen:

5. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I think a 3-4 team might give him a look. although he has played mainly in a 4-3 D all his career, as a pass rusher off the edge, assuming he can get back to near 100%, i think he could offer something as a one dimensional elephant type LB. He had a bunch of sacks for the Skins in 2002 playing with a hand down.

6. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

7. Rush

Rush Dexter > All

Drop Briggs & Sign Lavar. The Bears should consider this.

8. SRW

You're kidding.....right? :shock:

9. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

Unless he meant sign LaVar to do the dropping.

Not an awful fit though. Lavar need to play opposite a guy like Hunter 'Gatherer' Hillenmeyer who does a lot of a dirty work allowing Briggs to play make.

Still, it's a massive downgrade.

10. SRW

LaVar is damaged goods. I would only consider him for depth as a backup at this point.

11. UkCowboy

UkCowboy Starter

i would take him at Dallas on a very cheap contract and put him opposite ware in the 3-4. There would then be a viable threat off both sides.

12. SRW

No need though...you already have an up and comer in Bobby Carpenter plus Greg Ellis is coming back and Al Singleton. The Cowboys should be worrying about finding a bona-fide free safety instead.

13. UkCowboy

UkCowboy Starter

Its rare a player comes back from the injury ellis has without it affecting him negatively. Carpenter did show promise at the end of the year but i dont foresee him as a threat to opposing qb's.

Arrington would be. He may struggle in terms of coverage and discipline in plays but if you told him his only role was to go after the qb he would be a big threat. Even if it was just a 3rd down role player on a vet minimum contract i think it would be worth it.

Got no chance of happening though.

14. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

I agree with that and agree a 3-4 team using him like that could benefit. The thing is, I see Ellis in that role for you next season.

15. SRW

And Ellis is already back up and running. Achilles injuries are bad, but not career debilitating like they used to be thanks to new techniques.