Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o Fails To Impress At 2013 NFL Combine

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by SRW, Feb 25, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

The scrutinizing of Manti Te’o will continue after Monday’s less-than-dazzling performance at the NFL Scouting Combine.

After Te’o was unofficially timed at 4.80 in his second 40-yard dash, a shot of Ravens coach John Harbaugh shaking his head in the stands and mouthing "4.83" started trending on Twitter.

To draft Te’o in the first round, an NFL team will have to put less weight on his Internet girlfriend fiasco, his poor performance in the national championship game, and the fact he is simply not as athletic as some other inside linebackers in this draft.

Te’o changed direction well in on-field drills Monday, but not having sheer speed could be seen as a liability in pass coverage. NFL offenses look for mismatches in pass coverage, and Te’o’s ability to cover mobile tight ends and slot receivers will be questioned.

"People have asked why he didn’t play so good in the Alabama game," said Vikings general manager Rick Spielman. "I don’t know the answer to that, but I’m sure there will be a lot of questions thrown his way."

Source: Sporting News

2. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

3. Steve12

Steve12 The night is dark and full of terrors

Lmao. Yea heck this guy.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Guess when Jesus asked those "who is without blame cast the first stone" Teo stepped up and began throwing rocks.

5. VICK#7

VICK#7 BANNED

:icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool::icon_cool:

6. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

His GF told him that if he did poorly she would reward him with a three way.

7. 86WARD

86WARD -

I found the picture of the three of them...

[​IMG]

8. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

I like the one on his right more, but that's just me.

9. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

everyone still wanting this guy on their team?

10. 86WARD

86WARD -

No thanks. Maybe 3rd round...maybe...

11. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

The niners don't need the guy, or the baggage. I kept pulling for him even after the catfish crap, but this made me turn on him. I mean, the guy did look a bit heavy, we all know he's not a burner... how about you spin it while acknowledging you blew it? Something along the lines of "These past weeks I've been under a lot of scrutinity, and I've allowed it to distract me from getting myself ready for the combine. I know I can be faster, and I'll work my butt off to show it on ND's pro-day. I've disappointed a lot of people, including myself. I realize expectations are really high when it comes to me, being an award-winning LB in college, playing for a NC. This lesson I've learned, we football players need to work hard every day, every practice, and I pledge to do that."

12. 86WARD

86WARD -

He's gonna come with so much media distraction and garbage that its going to make the Tebow Gong Show look less than normal. It's not worth it...

13. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

May I see a show of hands of people here who feel that combine stats are irrelevant?

I know of one player whose fastest 40-yard dash time was 4.8. Perhaps you've heard of him. His name is Emmitt Smith. His NFL career wasn't too shabby.

14. 86WARD

86WARD -

Mike Mamula anyone?

15. Fez

Fez Chicharooney!!!

Problem is, not only are his combine numbers disappointing, he has so many mental issues and saying something like I posted above could've saved face. He chose to show he doesn't understand the meaning of accountability.

And let's not forget his disastrous performance in the NC game.

16. 86WARD

86WARD -

He was just as bad in the Stanford game...

17. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

I'll take him in the 2nd happily.

18. Walnuts

Walnuts All-Pro

That wasn't his fastest 40 by any means, I dont know what butt you pulled that out of.

Rice and Smith Inductions a Reminder of the Limits of 40 Times - NYTimes.com

19. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

And think how the veterans are literally going to torture him in the locker room. would love to hear some of those gems.

20. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

it wasn't that long ago when a LOT of people were clamoring for this guy as a top 5 pick ................. looks a little ridiculous now after we find out all of his baggage, which is apparently going to continue.