Offensive Linemen

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Discussion' started by K Train, Nov 10, 2009.

1. K Train

K Train Do You Honeycutt?

we have a big line problem though we need more of a now player like bulaga, also we have alot of guards, even our tackles and backup tackles are guards....i think of ducasse as a backup guard.

we have a ducasse already, his name is tony hills :-(

2. Jihad Joe

Jihad Joe Life to Infidels

You guys have had OL problems for 3 seasons now, and havent done much about it. You guys are a bit more pressed.

Our issue is our starters are all over 30, and at minimum we will have two starters by 2011 (Koiser's deal is up after next season). Free is ready now, we drafted Brewster high last year, but we still need two good line prospects to develop

3. K Train

we need a center, a real LT, we have a RT that should be playing guard and killing guys and we have an ok LG.

but we need alot, mostly center and LT

Bulaga and Pouncey <3

4. Jihad Joe

I have a feeling Pouncey is gonna be our first round pick. I like the kid an all, but the only thing as a sports fan that would piss me off more than my favorite football team drafting a Center in the first when the have an "All Pro" Center is my favorite basketball team drafting a 7 foot Nigerian with absolute;y no skills or even a concept of what basketball is, in the lottery just because he has long arms. Luckily for my dog that hasnt happened yet

We really wanted Unger last year, thats why my gut say's they are gone love Pouncey long time. I'll only be happy if they turned around and traded Gurode

5. K Train

pouncey is SO much better than unger, i hated unger...hes done well but im not about takng a thin zone blocking center, hes just like hartwig and we already have him

i love the pounceys i just wish mike wasnt a cat and delcared so there would be 2 of them

6. Jihad Joe

I like him too....in the second

But if we draft him in the first (who know's what his or anyone else's value will be come april) and dont trade Gurode for at least a high second, Im gonna be popping 'not gonna be angry anymore' pills

Not quit Ziggy Angry (thnx for the memories) but angry

7. K Train

ziggy angry was something else....and turns out he does in fact suck, ended the season with 1 or less sacks and so far is on pace to make less than 12 career starts for the steelers like ive always said.

watch them draft dan williams this year and see me blow a freaking gasket lol

i loved williams when he was a 4th round prospect, ive gone sour on him since then though

as far as linemen go i want davis or bulaga in the first, pouncey in the second and after the top theres alot of athlete-type pass blocking LT prospects but none that im married to the idea of drafting

8. Jihad Joe

I like Campbell right now, and thats just because of value. He needs some work, but could wind up the best LT in this draft 4 years from now. Campbell we have a real good shot at at........Davis, none........Bulaga, very little, and probobly none

9. K Train

id love them to move up from 18 to grab bulaga or davis.

im not sure what to make of trent williams anymore

10. Jihad Joe

RT

At 18 Bulaga should be their

11. K Train

i think campbell has the biggest bum factor of all of them....could be great, but probably wont be...thats just how i feel

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

i dont think he will be, he had a great bowl game and if he stayed his senior year he would be the consensus #1 LT.

im scared man, the draft scares me.

i think bulaga is the third tackle taken, i think too many teams will drool over davis

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

heres my list of who i want at 18 in order....im not really all over the place, this list has been pretty much the same for a while....graham won my heart more so than ever recently though

Bulaga
    Thomas
    Davis
    Cody
    Graham
    Spikes
    Warren

12. Jihad Joe

I think thats why Campbell could be there at our pick (27)......top 5 talent, but he'll drop like he's hot

Personally I think you should cross everyone off that list thats not over 300 LB's. You guys either need to go OT or find a replacement for Hampton

13. K Train

corner is a need too though, a huge one. im not huge on haden but i kind of love warren and wilson, just not at 18

farrior is the slowest player on any side of the ball on the steelers....spikes is the hammer MLB that can take on guards which timmons cant do....reason i wanted maualuga last year.

graham just gets me fired up, him and woodley would be delicious....harrison is getting old and you cant have to many pass rushers, play harrison can easily play middle

turns out cody cant be moved when he engages which is awesome

earlt thomas is just special imo, id love that pick our secondary is weak....i hope teams that need DB take mays before 18 to maybe let thomas fall

i fear dan williams will be the pick though

14. Jihad Joe

Could do worse than Williams. He can play NT, he just needs to get in better shape. Could be a Shaun Roger's NT though, but I think the right team and coach's can imrove his "motor". Lebeau could make him a NT, someone like Mangini.......no

15. K Train

could do alot better though....i hope they would just commit to a 43 which i would hate but i cant bare to see 2 first round picks go to waste

16. Jihad Joe

My biggest issue with Williams as a NT is his motor. When he is on he can anchor, get a good push and command a double. His thing is his motor. I could see him being a Shaun Rogers, but I think a top DC like Lebeau could make him a dominant NT

17. K Train

dan williams is someone to get excited about for a team like the texans, bucs, falcons, titans....he would be amazing next to guys like okoye and williams, but as a 34 NT playing next to evander freaking hood....i cant handle that kind of heartache

18. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

I read it in a previous, that Bruce Campbell could be available at #18. I don't buy it. Hes an epic pass-protector (footwork and lateral movement) and Post-Combine he will be a candidate for the top 5 and top 10 lock (Raiders at 8). He's what, 6'7", 319lbs, and apparently runs a 4.9. Al Davis no way passes on that beast.

19. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

It was on everything, Iupati was getting too high and Atkins ate him for breakfast.

20. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Davis is a guy that seems to not be talked about much, obviously he has ideal size and he has some technique issues that can be fixed but besides that i think he's a really good player.