OK, Maybe Devin Hester Is the Best Kick Returner Ever

Discussion in 'Chicago Bears' started by SRW, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Buffgrandpa

Buffgrandpa Resident Pervert

What about Billy "White Shoes" Johnson?

Anyway, I hear the Bears are going to be starting Hester at QB next week anyway... lol

2. The CO2

The CO2 Don't pray, just play!

Sorry, I wasn't thinking on the same line. :blush:

I guess it couldn't hurt. At least, if he couldn't get a pass off, he would have no problem scrambling.

3. steadypimpin

steadypimpin Still pimpin'

The guy is badbutt. He has a lot of TDs for being a 2nd year guy. I would say if he does it again this year which I think he will then he is the best.

4. Chrisbob

Chrisbob Fuck Dallas

He is certainly special but I'm not sure if I can anoint him best ever after less than a season and a half. He has superb vision and the ability to make moves and break tackles at pace if there is a concern, it's that he has fumbled more than you would like your return man too.

When comparing him in the 'all time' category you have to consider a few things, one being rule changes. The game is now designed to be more high scoring hence more chances to return kicks. Also, kick offs got moved back 5 yards a few years back and the penalty for kicking out of bounds increased so again, returners get more chances.

Also, let's not be so quick to forget other great return men. White Shoes Johnson as previously mentioned, Gale Sayers, Deion Sanders, Eric Metcalf, Brian Mitchell, Mike Nelms.....the list goes on.

I also wonder how good some players like Darrell Green and Anthony Carter would have been had they been allowed to do more returning.

Deion might be the best I've seen though, he had moves to make you miss and speed to leave you for dead.

5. droper

droper Starter

I agree Deion was the best ever Hester's got a shot at it because he makes guys miss in traffic, a quick twich of his hip and guys fall away reaching for where they thought he'd be. His dominance won't go away anytime soon if he stays healthy but his fumblitis could take away from it if teams know they've got a 50/50 shot at getting the ball back.

6. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

i think he soon to be the best ever, eventually no one will kick to him itll be the equivalent to walking a guy in baseball