Orton Better Than Cutler?

Discussion in 'NFL General Discussion' started by BU54, Oct 12, 2009.

?

Who Is The Better QB?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2009.
  1. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears

78.9%
  2. Kyle Orton, Denver Broncos

21.1%
  1. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Lets see here, has the Bears blockbuster trade for Cutler this summer paid off so far?

In 2008 Orton started 15 games for the Bears. He was 272 of 465 58.5% completion percent for 2972yds with 18TDs and 12ints with a rating of 79.6.

So far in Denver after 5 games Orton is 104/165 63.0% 7 TD, 1 INT, 1,236 YDS, 97.4 RTG.

So far after 4 games for the Bears Cutler is 83/129 64.3% 8 TD, 5 INT, 901 YDS, 89.3 RTG.

What could be the reason for Orton looking like a frachise QB all of a sudden?

2. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Josh McD is good at putting his QB's in good situations?

Where is the poll?

I like Orton, I'm happy for him. I don't like Cutler, think he's a snitch... but if I got to pick one to run my team for the next 10 it would be Cutler, easy.

3. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

Ooops I forgot the poll and tried to edit one in but can't.

Anyway my thoughts are the Bears offensive coordinator Ron Turner has been pathetic at best. I'm convinced he this play calling is a video game.
    Plus with BU54 out for the season were giving up 300+yds/game.

We all know how good Denvers D is giving up a pultry 43 points after 5 games.

4. 86WARD

86WARD -

Very Well put...same feelings here...

5. chiefswin19games

chiefswin19games Don't be defeated.

Two different types of QBs.

Orton doesn't make mistakes because he doesn't have the same physical talent as Cutler.

Cutler takes chances because he thinks he can thread needles.

Cutler's also a whiny snitch and Orton likes to drink whiskey. I'll take Orton if he's a happy drunk.

6. Flacco2MasonTD

Flacco2MasonTD ಠ_ಠ

Orton seems to be the better person but thats about where it ends.

7. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

I have to go with Cutler. I've watched Kyle many times. I've alway preferred him over Wrex but neither IMO are all star QBs.

Like I've already stated the Broncos have better offensive personnel to help Orton accell. However we must be cautious because Grossman showed promise in 2006 for half the season then went right down the toilet.
    We had Ron Turner then and still do now. The real difference IMO.

8. chiefswin19games

Maybe Turner is a big factor. Maybe Cutler's demeanor is a factor too.

9. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Orton has a better offensive line, better WR and yes probably better playcalling in Denver than he did in Chicago.

And if you are just trying to compare 2009 Orton to 2008 Cutler in a Denver uniform well let's not forget Orton has the benefit of the 2009 Broncos defense which allows him to stay within himself and allows the Broncos to not have to ask him to do too much. Orton with the 2008 Broncos defense would have been a nightmare for him because he would have needed to sling the ball a lot more and go downfield more to keep up on the scoreboard.

The one thing that has surprised me about Cutler is aside from the season opener in Green Bay he has been more efficient that I thought he would be. I was expected a bit more of a young Brett Favre in terms of making some horrible throws since he did throw a few picks in Denver and people said he was a gunslinger. But really I haven't seen that nearly as much as I thought. I don't think he has been making any more "risky" throws than any other QB I watch play week to week......again Green Bay was the exception and I suppose he willl have days like that from time to time.

Orton is certainly fitting in well in Denver and I'm happy for him but when I start seeing him compared to Tom Brady (it did happen, Peter King I think?) then I gotta draw the line. Let's credit him for being efficient at what McDaniels has asked of him but let's not go freaking crazy here. lol.

I have no regrets about the trade in the long term. Cutler has already shown me a lot and I do think he can be our franchise QB for a good long while.

10. chiefswin19games

Good points.

Orton by far is not a top tier QB. IMO, he's efficient because he doesn't try to do too much.

Cutler has the physical capabilities to be special. IMO, he doesn't have the head.

11. BU54

BU54 1st Stringer

This reminds me, especially that thread compared to Brady. Remember when Romo first started with the Cowboys? He had that 5TD game and many thought Romo was the best thing since sliced bread? Now he is much more human. Well lets give it more time. The same happened with Grossman.
    Confidence can deflate rapidly.

12. Tarkus

Tarkus The Thread Stalker

Not even close IMO. Besides being too early to tell...only for stats, Cutler wins this one hands down.

13. cris80

cris80 comic relief

Well put. I agree.

14. pctrips

pctrips Pro Bowler

This is a goobered question...no doubt Cutler is a ton better than Orton. Give Cutler the defense Orton has this year and Denver goes probably 12-4 last year and makes a run at the AFC championship game.

15. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

the short answer? no Orton is not better, dont be a goober.

16. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

Ortons a douche

17. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

18. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Cutler is still the better quarterback, he can make all the throws.

19. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

looks like he should be in 70s pourn with that molestache going on

20. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

Kind of tough to answer with completely different support around each of them. If you ask yourself which QB would you take if your starter wasn't on your team, then you might get different answers. Even though he's a rod, Cutler's just a more skilled QB and I'd take him over Orton in a flash if Cassell became a transvestite and quit football.