Packers WR Greg Jennings Making Pitch For A Contract With Dolphins?

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by 86WARD, Feb 2, 2013.

1. 86WARD

86WARD -

To those of us on the outside, the Dolphins and receiver Greg Jennings seem like an obvious match this offseason.

The Dolphins desperately need another top receiver, Jennings has three 1,000-yard seasons, two Pro Bowls and a Super Bowl ring on his resume, he will be a free agent in March, the Packers seem content to let him walk, and the Dolphins’ coach, Joe Philbin, was his offensive coordinator for five years.

Jennings joined The Finsiders, the Dolphins’ team-owned radio/web TV show, on Friday at the Super Bowl media center. He looked right at the camera and had a message for Philbin:

“Joe, how you doing. Remember me?†he said with a smile.

Jennings, who turns 30 in September, said he realizes it may be time to move on from Green Bay.

“I’ve prepared my family for change,†he said. “Wherever I end up, if it’s outside of Green Bay, we’re ready to be great wherever we go

Jennings said he and Philbin developed “a great relationship†during their time together in Green Bay, and he caught 46 touchdowns in Philbin’s five years.

“He’s one of my favorite coaches,†Jennings said. “Obviously he jokes a lot, little subtle things here and there, but he’s a great coach to have. He was a great coach to play for. He’s one of those guys that you can have a relationship outside of football. As a player you admire a coach when he actually opens himself up like that.â€

Source: Palm Beach Post

2. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

3. markaz

markaz Resident Cards Fan Staff Member

I'm a Tannehill fan and this move would do nothing but help his progress in the NFL.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman #1 Trap Star

I'd like to see the Browns kick the tires as well, they have a lot of young guys and need a vet