Packers WR Greg Jennings Won't Play Vs Giants

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers' started by SRW, Nov 25, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Greg Jennings will not play Sunday night against the New York Giants, Fox Sports insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported.

Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features, including the "All-22" coaches film. Get NFL Game Rewind.
    Jennings returned to practice this week after surgery on an abdominal muscle tear. He hasn't played since Sept. 30. He was optimistic about his return.

"Me personally, I don't feel I'm a long shot," Jennings said Wednesday. "Playing it safe, I think (the medical staff) could say 'long shot.' I feel great, the body feels great. This is my first day going out there and actually getting on the ground, running some routes, catching some balls, getting my wind underneath me. Just seeing how it feels again to be part of the group, part of the guys.

"Today was a big step for me. Whether or not I'll play this week, that's still yet to be determined."

The Packers are used to life without Jennings and the development of Randall Cobb has allowed the offense to continue its high-scoring ways. He wouldn't have been a large part of the plan against the Giants, anyway.

Source: NFL.com
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Badger

Badger Rookie

Jennings needs to just take it slow and make sure he's ready to come back. The last thing the Packers and he needs is for him to reinjur his groin AGAIN and to be done for the season.
    If this hadnt been a contract year, I feel that Jennings would have been shut down for the season but he wants to get paid, so he's going to try to play if at all possible.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. SRW

They have enough weapons that there's no need to rush him. At some point he's going to have to be active. I wouldn't be shocked if he rode the bench for a game or two after.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Badger

Badger Rookie

Just goes to show you how many weapons the Packers have that they can lose Jennings and still be highly effective on offense. Not sure what they would do without Cobb.
    If the Packers can get healthy by playoff time they could be scary good, considering that right now they are without Matthews, Kuhn, Benson and Jennings; not to mention that Nelson still isnt 100%, Finley cant catch the ball and Driver isnt the player that he once was.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

id be surprised if he played next week

mathews too

they both need time to heal
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. SRW

Meanwhile the Bears are falling apart. Good time to be healing up right now.
    Posted via Mobile Device