Panthers Offer DT Dwan Edwards A One Year Contract

Discussion in 'Carolina Panthers' started by SRW, Mar 14, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Panthers defensive tackle Dwan Edwards was one of the best bargains in the NFL last season, but the 31-year-old free agent is looking for more security this winter.

Edwards said Thursday he is weighing several contract offers, including a 1-year offer from the cap-strapped Panthers.

Edwards finished with 6.5 sacks in 2012 after signing a 1-year, $1.5 million contract after Buffalo cut him days before the start of the season.

Edwards would not identify his other suitors, but said one was a playoff team last season. He said he has been offered longer deals than the Panthers', but would not discuss particulars.

“It's getting to the time in my career where you definitely start thinking about winning a Super Bowl,â€￾ Edwards said. “I wouldn't say (the Panthers) were Super Bowl contenders. I think there's an opportunity to make some noise in their division and get in the playoffs.

“If I'm not in their vision any longer than one year, it's hard to think that (a Super Bowl run) is going to happen.â€￾

Source: Charlotte Observer