Patriots HC Bill Belichick Prefers Draft To Be In April

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by DaBears22, Jun 17, 2014.

1. DaBears22

DaBears22 Matt Forte = future MVP Staff Member

Ratings may have been through the roof last month, but for Patriots coach Bill Belichick, the preference is to move the NFL Draft back to April.

Because of a scheduling conflict at Radio City Music Hall, the league pushed the 2014 NFL Draft back to the first week of May, two weeks later than usual. And that meant two more weeks of mock drafts, obfuscation from the teams and speculation from everybody else.

“Yeah, of course,” Belichick said, via the Boston Herald's Jeff Howe. “I mean, the sooner you have your players, the easier it is to start, not only getting them integrated into your team but also building your team. There are certain things you get in the draft, then you have to fill other areas of the team with veteran players or college free agents or whatever. When that process is going on, you can see every day you pick up the transactions, every team has got -- not every team -- but there's probably 5-15 transactions on a daily basis. Of course, if you had the draft, you can move that whole process up. Whatever it is, it is. It's not my decision, but I would go for an earlier draft, absolutely.”

Source: CBS Sports