Patriots QB Tom Brady Questions His Team's Toughness

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by Sweets, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

Dressed much more casually than normal after a road game, a weary Tom Brady questioned the toughness of his team, which has lost two games in a row for the first time in two years and seems incapable of getting a victory away from home. "I think we've got to find a way to play better football for 60 minutes, in all phases, and everyone has got to focus on what they need to do better. I think that's the most important thing: being mentally tough to overcome adversity," Brady said. "When things don't go your way, you have to fight back. That's a challenge for all of us. I think at times we do, and at times I don't think we fight very hard. "We have leads in the second half and leads in the fourth quarter and we're just not closing the game out when we have the opportunity to."

Source: Providence Journal

2. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

Where's the outrage? lol.

3. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

he speaks the truth, and in doing so didn't separate himself from the statement. he never says his teammates arent finishing and he is...he is taking as much fault as the rest of the team....

4. Cletusaurus

Cletusaurus YES! YES! YES!

I just want him to publicly call Bill O'Brien a goober for his play-calling abilities(?) with those second-half leads on the road. Four of the five road losses have been because O'Britard takes his foot off the gas and keeps calling pass plays when the Patriots have had the ability to run the ball- especially in the Denver, Indy (RUN THE FREAKING BALL ON 3RD AND 2, YOU JACKBUTT!), and Miami losses.

5. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Yea, I don't see anything wrong with his statement.

6. CaptainStubing

CaptainStubing Gave her a Dirty Sanchez

what's happening to the pats this year is what they've done to everyone else in the league for the past decade. other teams are finishing against them, not the other way around and it's been so long since belichick and brady have been on the losing side of these close contests, i would imagine they ARE very frustrated.

7. blkngldbabe

blkngldbabe Come Get Some!

I"m just playing guys. Alot of people get thrown under the bus for doing the same thing and Tom Terrific usually comes off all sunshiney et al.

8. SweetShot03

SweetShot03 Fuck stupid people

they are having a down moment.....

9. Texxx

Texxx Special Teamer

First off Tom Brady is the man. He can say whatever the heck he wants to say about any player on his team or any team or coach in the NFL. He has earned that right. He's Tom Freaking Brady.

Secondly, he is dead on and he is doing what a leader does. He is speaking the truth and trying to light a fire under his team. Good for Tom.

And Thirdly, I wouldn't be counting out the Patriots just yet fellas. If they get into the post season, they are still the PATS. They still have Brady and BB coaching them. You don't count these boys out no matter how inconsistent they are playing. Any team can get hot in the post season when it counts the most. And remember that Tom Brady is arguably the best post season QB of all time.

1 person likes this.
  10. hermhater

hermhater Guest

Agreed and Rep Texxx