Patriots Re-Sign LB Dane Fletcher

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by SRW, Jan 31, 2013.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Patriots linebacker Dane Fletcher, who was scheduled to be a restricted free agent this offseason as he recovers from a torn ACL that sidelined him for the entire 2012 season, has re-signed with the team.
    Fletcher, who broke the news on his Twitter account, reacted to it on Thursday afternoon.

“First and foremost, it’s good to know where I will be next year. Now I’m ready to get into shape and get after it in the weight room and on the field, and put a good year together,†he said. “The main thing is that I’m excited to be back with the squad of guys we’ve got, and excited to get back on the field again. I feel very fortunate for everything I’ve been given.â€

Fletcher declined to discuss contract terms or his recovery. A source indicated it is a one-year pact, and that Fletcher’s recovery is on a positive course.

“It’s just been a grind, because I’m not the kind of guy who sits back and takes time off,†Fletcher said. “I’ve put in all the positive energy I could. I think the proof will be in the pudding when next year arises and people and all the fans will see how much time I’ve spent in the offseason preparing for this year. I’m putting everything I have in to it, which I feel I owe to myself, my family and Patriots fans.â€

Fletcher, who enters his fourth NFL season, has 55 career tackles in 23 games, contributing both on defense and as a core special teams player.

Source: ESPN.com