Patriots Trade DE Richard Seymour To The Raiders

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by ravenfan52, Sep 6, 2009.

1. cpgobrowns

cpgobrowns < Deer/Headlights

Al Davis messing up a pick 2 years in advance. That's impressive.

2. Sweets

Sweets All-Pro

wow is right....the Raiders aren't going to be that good that the Pats won't get a top 10 pick in 2011...

3. theeraser21

theeraser21 u r a slapdick

Only Brady, Faulk, Light, Neal remain from 01 NE title, wow. NE lost Bruschi, Vrabel Harrison, and Seymour this offseason

4. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

what did Seymour run in the 40?

i bet someone hijacked control from Al Davis temporarily (with the use of garlic and holy water) and made this trade to prevent him reaching for crappy recievers in the first round of 2011.

5. URL54MVP

URL54MVP Pro Bowler

Trading future 1st round picks for players that are past their prime. Only the Raiders. Hey Raiders I'm sure the Bears will give you Nathan Vasher for a 2012 1st round pick. He is good man, he went to the Pro Bowl once. :icon_cheesygrin:

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

pro bowls? Al Davis dude. whats his 40?

7. DawkinsINT

DawkinsINT Tebow free since 9/5/2015.

Ugh. Terrible move by the Raiders.

8. andy82

andy82 Your Soul, It's Mine!

Surprised Patriots were willing to do this. I personally don't value Richard Seymour too highly and a first rounder which is likely to be a top 10 pick is amazing wheeling & dealing by the Patriots. Personally I can't see him being too much of a loss and also not much of an upgrade to the Raiders D.

9. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

YAY!!!! No more dealing with him from the left side of the o-line. As for the Raiders, well seymore is very good against the run but I don't know his pass rushing skills.

10. ravenfan52

ravenfan52 Perennial All Pro

I have a feeling the Belichick will probably trade the top 10 pick for three other late round picks, and save some money.

11. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Not too surprised. Was getting down to signing him or Wilfork cap wise. Wilfork is a must keep, so a good move. Seymour just hasn't played as well the last couple of years, but still would have demanded the big bucks next year. Belichick really tore this team apart this year. I guess going 11-5 really pissed him off.:icon_cheesygrin:

12. SoDev

SoDev Don't tase me, bro!

Why do I keep hearing he hasn't played well recently. Yea, he was hurt for awhile in 07, but 08 was one of his better years statically.

Also, no one knows where Oakland will finish on 2010 in that west turd division. It's extra funny hearing the Oakland bandwagon hate coming from people with their own crap hecked teams.

1 person likes this.
  13. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

Thank you Finally some who looks at things like a normal fan and not a freaking hater. REP Yeah this is great pick up for us and risky move for the pats I guess they think they can do with burgess on their team good luck with that.

14. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

We did fine with Moss, and Jordan

15. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

AHHH yeah youve done great lets see so far you lose a super bowl and you didnt make the playoffs last year so i guess ur doing fine.

16. MadMoxxiFavGun

MadMoxxiFavGun Going Crazy

ron brace:icon_confused:

17. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

seeing how we suck at drafting, I think its good for Al and the Raiders he doesnt have a another first rounder to mess with.

18. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

We still won 11 games last year with our backup QB, and we went to a superbowl. The raiders have been nowhere except the toilet bowl. You don't think its dumb to give up a 1st round draft pick without getting Seymour to commit to a contract? How many years do you think the Raiders will be able to Franchise him? He won't resign because the market will be flooded with teams that can win looking to sign a guy like Seymour. Your ownership just made another bone head move dude, you will now lose the player and a 1st round pick....Bravo AL, Bravo!!

19. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Seeing how we are going into an uncapped year, I believe teams are given 2 or 3 franchise tags. I dont mind having Seymour play good for us 3 years, if he can help us win games now im all for it.

We have been picking top 10 for the last 7 years and that hasnt helped us.

20. Crowned

Crowned Doesn't give a shit.

Might as well just traded Burgess for Seymour, anyways.. You had a good career Seymour, I assume I'll never hear your name again. Nice to know you.