Patriots Trade DE Richard Seymour To The Raiders

Discussion in 'Oakland Raiders' started by ravenfan52, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

good point, but I still wouldn't give up a 1st for anyone for a couple of seasons

2. Androidraider24

Androidraider24 Team Veteran

Im just excited , he may have lost a step, but if we can disrupt some plays and help some of our other d-linemen get better then we might have a chance vs the run.

3. mike oxlong

mike oxlong The Voice Of Reason

another stupid move by the raiders,

The raiders could have waited until after the season and overpaid him, like they will do anyway, and not have had to give up a 1st round pick.
    It really looks like the Patriots are moving more and more away from the 3-4 to a 4-3 with their personnel, and with seymour being one of the better 3-4 ends, he was becoming expendable.
    Seymour had decent stats last year, but if you watch games, he was being handled more and more by one blocker, yeah he would break free and get a stat, but he is not garnering the respect of a double team anymore, limiting his overall effectiveness to the defense.
    Seymour is a whole one year younger than burgess. turning 30 in a month, so the Raiders used a first round pick on a guy they will have 3-4 years at the most.

One of the worst moves I could have imagined for Al Davis, reading the headline I was expecting a 3rd and maybe a conditional late round pick, but a #1 that could be a fairly high pick. Al Davis continues to mortgage the future for a present that does not look that promising. Ouch!

**********Automerged Doublepost**********

burgess and a first round pick, huge difference, but if the pats are moving to a 4-3, which it looks more and more like they are, seymour was expendable, especially at 30 years old. they snaked the raiders. ouch

4. Daddy Primetime42

Daddy Primetime42 TheNationWillRiseAgain

here comes the expert ladies and gents he knows all and sees all. Give me a break just some more hating going on right here. We needed someone to stop the run now not tommorrow who gives a crap about the future and it makes sense do you think al is going to be around in the future nope. This move is anything but stupid gives us a better chance this season. I doubt that pick will be a top ten.

5. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

way too much given up for this dude

6. Lord_Joe

Lord_Joe Smiley Bugger

hating the Raiders is not called "hating". its the natural state of things that Raider fans do not feel.

7. Daddy Primetime42

thanx for the back up nate

8. nastynate184

nastynate184 Fuck Michigan

i don't care this was a freaking horrible move

9. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Who cares about the future? Are you serious man? Any good organization in any sport cares about the future. Al Davis is doing things backwards right now. What happens when you lose Seymour and don't have a first round pick a year or two removed ready to step up and fill a hole? You just mortgaged your future for a player that you'll have for a couple of years. Makes no sense, but thank you for the gift.

10. Daddy Primetime42

Yeah every organization cares about their future selling out loyal players that have done nothing but help their team to the promise land. No wonder cats like Crabtree want all the money in the world cuz once, your crap thats it you get sent on your merry way thanks for the memories. Green bay did it to favre, patriots to seymore. Thats one thing I respect about Davis He puts his Players first and gives them opportunities to stay with the team in some form or another. Thats why the slogan once a raider always a raider. I guess the Raiders have to work hard to make that pick 2 years from now a top 20 pick.

That is sad to hear. We needed him. I guess you were looking forward to another year of finishing 31st against the run.

11. mike oxlong

It's not hating when I back it up with facts that you are blindly ignoring.

There is a chance that seymour walks after this year, is that worth a first round pick.

The raiders traded a 31 year old for a 3rd and 5th, then trade a 1st for a 30 year old who could be gone after this year, anyway you slice that, it's stupid.

why not just wait until after this year and sign him to a contract and keep the first round pick? saying that your team drafts bad, so who cares about draft picks is because the team drafts poorly is insane.

that statement I put in bold is exactly why the Raiders are wallowing in mediocrity.

once a raider always a raider, like marcus allen who Davis wouldn't pay and let him go the chiefs, there are tons of players that left the raiders because they wouldn't get paid. please, it's the nature of the business - across the whole league. First round picks are supposed to be on the team for 8-10 years at least before retiring or leaving in FA, this guy is at most 4 years and that's if he doesn't walk after this season.

seymour doesn't command the double team anymore, he is not who he once was, a young seymour would be worth a first - maybe, but not now. One blocker will handle him, at least burgess still needed to be double teamed.

Facts show this was a mistake and time will only further prove that fact. Stop blindly accepting mediocrity because that is all you have to look forward to and start calling for the head of the man who is running your team into the ground. - Al Davis.

12. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

13. Daddy Primetime42

not if they sign him to an extension. Veteran leadership is key on this defense. Burgess is not half the player seymour is. Seymour is still playing at a high level he equualed his highest sack total last season. I think its a great move if he plays well now it will help getting players in the future, we wont need a 1st round pick to help us win anymore, you all know how far that has gotten us. If i remember correctly you get 6 rounds of draft picks. All i see is upside from this move.

14. Harvs01

Harvs01 Pro Bowler

Seymour won't resign there. He wants to win and he's not getting any younger. He has also listened to Moss and Jordan snitch about Oakland. Until the Raiders establish some sort of order ont that team they're going to have a tough time signing quality players.

15. TOP DAWG

TOP DAWG Pro Bowler

Seymour comes off of a powerhouse franchise to the dysfunctional Raiders, and does ANYONE actually think he will sign to play there after this year? He'll take the best offer from a real football team, and get the heck out of there fast. So Davis gets him for one year, and gives up a #1 pick. That's a level of stupid, that helps explain why the Raiders are going absolutely no where, till they get a new owner.

16. Daddy Primetime42

Dude its nothing i have not read before. Ive also read good things winning cures all. Having seymour this season is a huge upgrade i cant control what happens in the future so idont worry about it. Its stressful enough to be a Raiders fan. I want to win now not next season not ten years from now like i said i cant control what my team does all i know it makes me happy when they win.

17. mike oxlong

Ia 30 year old seymour who does not get double teamed is not the missing piece to wins. A first round pick for a short term player at any position is a mistake. anyone without blinders on sees that clearly. Also notice that all the facts I post get completely ignored. lol

18. Daddy Primetime42

look im not going to argue with you its obvious that im alone on this. As always. But will see.

19. 86WARD

86WARD -

:laughy32:

Not a good argument...

Exactly what I said...they may even have been able to get him this season...lol...

20. MediaGuy

MediaGuy Ball So Hard University

Raiders got raped by one of the smartest organizations in the game. Next question please.

1 person likes this.