Pete Carroll Names Seahawks QB Russell Wilson The Regular-Season Starter

Discussion in 'Seattle Seahawks' started by SRW, Aug 26, 2012.

1. SRW

SRW Ex-World's Worst Site Admin

Russell Wilson will be the Seahawks' starting quarterback.

Coach Pete Carroll made that announcement in a conference call with Seattle reporters on Sunday evening.

"He's earned this job," Carroll said. "It was a legitimate competition as we said from the beginning and with the opportunity he's taken advantage of, he deserves to start."

Wilson was chosen in the third round by Seattle. He was part of a three-way competition for the starting job. Matt Flynn will be the backup after being signed in the offseason as a free agent from Green Bay.

Source: Seattle Times

2. codatious99

codatious99 cheese head

flynn = most expensive back up in nfl?

3. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

this is slightly unbelievable to me. wonder how many people got crap on by choosing matt flynn in fantasy

4. mj1987us26

mj1987us26 Super

Those people deserve to get crap on.

5. RichLikeWh0a

RichLikeWh0a Hermhater = Nemesis

desperate times do call for desperate measures you know. it happens.

6. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

Unless people drafted before the start of TC, there is no excuse for drafting Flynn to be a starting QB in fantasy. None.

7. FdMstng99

FdMstng99 Man of Steel

I figured Flynn would be the starter for atleast half the season before Wilson took over.

8. 86WARD

86WARD -

I thought the Seahawks sounded like they were going to give him the starting nod with everything they've said in interviews during TC...I didn't think they'd actually do it though. They LOVE Wilson and weren't shy about showing it...but I still thought they'd go Flynn...

9. CStevenson13

CStevenson13 1st Stringer

Well at least Flynn can say he's being paid handsomely to live in Seattle for a year

10. bigsexyy81

bigsexyy81 Muffin Top

I love that about Carroll and Schneider. Doesn't matter who you are, how much you make, or what your name is, you're either riding the pine or getting fired if you don't fit their scheme or someone is playing better than you.